Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBJ problems in ReMake

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wykky
587 Views, 6 Replies

OBJ problems in ReMake

Hello evry body

I try to import an OBJ project into Remake.

The original is from Photoscan : 3 files OBJ (177 Mo), MTL, and JPG (113 Mo) for texture.

In Remake I try to load the model,.

I wait, it load....,  the textured model aa few second and ... An autodesk Remake error report ...

Help !

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ValerioRizzo
in reply to: wykky

Hi @wykky,

please, could you reposrt here your system specs and Remake build you are using?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth
Message 3 of 7
wykky
in reply to: ValerioRizzo

hi

My system : windows 10, 64b and a good PC (96G Ram, I7 processor...)

Remake 2017, stand alone, education licence

OBJ made with Photoscan pro

😞

Message 4 of 7
ValerioRizzo

Hi @wykky,

Have you tried to export in FBX and open it in Remake? Is this happening only with a specific file or with every file you export from PSc?

Have you tried opening that file in another software like 3DsMax or Maya? Does the filename include special character?

Cheers,

V.

Message 5 of 7
wykky

Hi Valerio,

The file does'nt include special caracters, and all the files are in the same folder...

I load the OBJ File in Remake... after 1-2 minutes autodesk close with an Error report "close unexpectedly"....

But at least it create a REMAKE model file and 4 textureds files LVL2, 2, 4, 5.

When i try to open the model file, i can see the textured mesh appear a few second, then, the apps close with the Error report window....

I try to import a FBX : same problem.

The obj file have a problem in Meshlab to...Mesh is ok, but unable to load textures...

So, you think it's a Photoscan problem?

Message 6 of 7
ValerioRizzo

Hi @wykky,

i have to say i imported a model from PSc long time back when Remake was still in beta, but i have never had problem of this kind. Even recently i have been editing a lot of meshes made with other softwares but no crashes so far. Given that issue with Meshlab, which usually reads any kind of format, i am rather confident that issue is related to Psc export engine or maybe something specifically wrong with the model you are trying to export. Have you tried to export other models from it and importing them into Remake?

Also, would you like to share that model so i can give it a look and test it on my system?

Best,

V.

Message 7 of 7
wykky

Dear Valerio,

Thanks for your time and observations  :it helps !

I think i fix the problem after many tests...

It seams that Remake doesn't support higher texture file than 10k x 10k, so a 9999 x 9999 texture is ok.

Mine was 30k....

I hope in futur, it could be more!

BR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report