Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to joint two sets of pictures to one model?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
steve
486 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to joint two sets of pictures to one model?

Hi!

I have an object I have photographed.
It was stuck into modeling clay at the bottom, I did a full set of pictures and turned the buttom up, and stuck the top in the clay.

Remake failed to "remove" the "support clay" and leave a nice object. How can I get one model from bottom / top set pictures?

Any tips on this?

Regards,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ValerioRizzo
in reply to: steve

Hi @steve,

please, check out this video from 5.44. The strategy Tatjana is showing would likely fit your needs. Also, Remake will not remove your clay unless it is so clean and white to be absolutely meaningless and perfectly matching the color feature of your background. Hence, it like to say it is impossible. What i would do is making two different scans, merging them into Meshmixer and removing the support.

Best,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth
Message 3 of 4
steve
in reply to: ValerioRizzo

Hi Valerio,

Thank you for the update. ´I´ll check out that video and look if I can find something on Mixmesher to add/combine two models.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Steve.

Message 4 of 4
ValerioRizzo
in reply to: steve

Hi @steve,

i forgot to mention you could also use Recap to align the two scans and remove unwanted parts. I think this would be the finest solution as i think you could even use survey point on model for more control on the alignment, plus you can then submit the project including the two part for mesh reconstruction and texturing.

Best,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report