Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Groups During Registration

Scan Groups During Registration

I would like to see an additional level of hierarchy during registration.  Would it be possible to retain (or create) scan groups as we go through the registration process?  In its simplest form I envisage that, if I had 3 registration groups and I merge two of those, the left side of the registration window would now show two groups.  Doing this would make it much easier to match the outstanding scans to those already registered.

4 Comments
ryan.frenz
Alumni

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you....but I think you can do exactly this.  When the unregistered scans are on the right, you can choose to start a new group with the current scan.  From there, you can choose which group new scans go into, and later merge the groups.

reggroup.png

Or did you mean something else?

-Ryan

Stephen.Brechin.01
Participant

Hi, Ryan.  Yes, you're right, but once the scans have gone from the right side to the left side, they are merged into a single group.  If I had, say, 3 groups, each representing a floor of a building and I had some extra scans in an unassigned group, it would be advantageous if I could choose a registration group in the left after groups 1 through 3 have been registered together.  This would make the process of finding a match between a scan in the unassigned group and the single registered group.

Stephen

ryan.frenz
Alumni

You can absolutely choose a group on the left, into which the unregistered scan on the right will be merged.  Please give it a try.

-Ryan

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report