Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember scan groups and Auto Registration only for added scans

Remember scan groups and Auto Registration only for added scans

I've made some scans on day one and used auto and manual registration on them in the evening. In the evening of day two I want to add the new scans I made that day, but it'll break the whole registration of the previous day if I want to use auto registration. It would be great if the scan groups that already exist in the point cloud would remain intact.

This will also solve the following problem:

I have a point cloud of +50 scans but 1 of them is wrongly registrated. If I want to edit only that scan, it'll break the whole scan group of +15 scans. After that I can correct the scan, but only manually. The worst thing is that its not possible to use auto registration at that point reconnect then. I need to registrate the whole point cloud from the start and try not to make a mistake again. It would be great if the scans will remember their position except the scans you'll remove from the group.

2 Comments
kgrover
Advocate

In addition to the above (which is great), have the ability to lock the registration of groups so they won't ever get registered again. Keeping the groups is also a great way to organize scan data (ie. multi level floor building with a group per floor)

StaniforthR
Contributor

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-forum/registration-indexing-workflow-roadblocks/m-p/4961594/hig...

Not sure if the above post will help but it is a workaround so you dont break your groups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report