Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCSX?

RCSX?

I would like to see a 'bundled' format for RCS files which can be extracted with programs like 7ZIP (such as a DOCX or DWFX). If I ONLY copy over the RCS files, I cannot re-register them again in ReCap as it loses the thumbnail and other functionality I'm not yet aware of. I would like to have the .DIFF, .LLT, .RCC, and .THUMBNAIL 'bundled together' with the .RCS with some .XML file which also stores scanner setting information and locational data (from the original RAW scan data of the device). Correct me if I'm wrong, the RCS is the RAW unfiltered data with the deltas carried inside the other dependency files.

The primary reason I'm trying to do this is so that I can organize my files better. My folder usually is exploding with scan files. I use ReCap by distributing the import point process onto multiple computers manually (I'm impatient, I don't like waiting and I don't drink coffee). For example, I would divide the set of scans between (eg. 3 computers) and run import from .FLS simultaneously. I would then reimport the .RCS files into a new project and re-register them together as a 'master' file.

2 Comments
ryan.frenz
Alumni

Hi Brian,

This is an interesting idea - it's worth noting that you should be able to achieve this by simply zipping the RCP + its support folder.

I do want to correct you though - your statement about RCS is backwards.  It does not contain the raw data, but rather a spatially-organized (and usually decimated) representation used for fast viewing.  For structured scans, the full-precision data is stored in the other support files.

Thanks,

Ryan

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report