Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with TopCon Scans in Recap 2.2+

Problem with TopCon Scans in Recap 2.2+

I don't know where I should report bugs, so I report it here. We have some problems with our Topcon scans and couldn't figure out what it was and blamed the scanner, up until now.

With the GLS-2000 scans from Topcon you'll get 3 files. CL3, IJ and ALG. The CL3 is the scan file, but Recap understands automatically the data from two other files if it has the same name and is in the same folder.

In recap 2.2.0.25:

When I import the scan in recap it somhow stretches all the points in a rhombic, but the coordinates are OK. See attachment 1. It also doesn't recognise the 'normal' information anymore and The content of the realviews are blanc. see attachment 2. If I remove the ALG it works a bit better, but the scans lost their coordinates that we need in Infraworks 360 and for 'skip registration' in Recap. Recap Ultimates auto registration tool also doens't recognize the points, so Ive stiched them manually. After that the plan view puts the middle of all scans on 0,0, but the 3D view and the realview locations are shown on the right location. See right above attachment 3.

In Recap 2.2.1.1:

It loads nothing and the grid is shown vertical.

In recap 2.0.0.255:

One of my collegues got an older version of his Recap version on his computer and it turned out as it should be. The Normal information is also more acurateOnly the realviews are a bit ugly.

If someone need more information you can contact me.

3 Comments
vidanom
Autodesk

Hi,

Did you tried the latest release? Now ReCap support direct import of TopCon GLS-2000 scans.

More info in this article.

Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Mitko

benno.toorn
Advocate

Hello Vidanom, Yes I've seen it and works great! Thanks for the fix!

ErikvanD
Explorer

I am scanning on our coordinate system with the GLS 2000, but RECAP uses local coordinates?

Unfortunately the quality of the images from the GLS are so poor I cannot use targets either to apply a shift to the coordinates - any solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report