Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Export photo from Recap 360

by Explorer jwildt on ‎10-31-2016 01:50 PM

just downloaded the latest revision.  thought the new export image would be exporting each image from the scanner.  it is only a screen shot of what is currently being viewed.  Please look to incorporate exporting all scan images. so we do not have to use the manufacturer's software.

Inserting ReCap cloud into Civil 3d 2016, Still doesn't scale properly. We have to scale the point cloud 0.99999803.

When uploading a Recap Pro project to the cloud - only real views are uploaded.

If you want to exchange a full project with scan data you need to put the project data on a cloud drive or on USB stick.
It would be nice to have the option to upload scan data as well, so that the full project can be exchanged / copied / moved to another computer via the cloud.

Limitations on Meshing

by Explorer cespinosa on ‎08-18-2016 02:09 PM

Just found out the newest version of ReCap has a 30 square meter limitation on meshing!

Please tell me this is not true!

We just purchased 6 subscriptions of ReCap for scanning intersections of highways...

How long is this limitation going to be in effect?

It would be great to have a way to align the scan data during registration to a NWD model. This way the 0,0,0 of the scan data can match the NWD without the need to transform it in Navisworks.

I always find that reflections and general unwanted noise can force the alignment to be in incorect positions, especially when somebody has scanned right next to a mirror.

Being able to remove the unwanted noise/reflections before Registration would surely result in more accurate data sets.

I've just finished the registration of 2 buildings that are quite close to each other, but my surveyors didn't collect enough intermittent scans in between the buildings to accurately combine the 2 groups. It would be useful to just select a group and create a new project from that data to take straight through to indexing. Unfortunately I had to duplicate the project, disband a group in each project, then delete the scans 1 at a time in the import screens before I could index. I beleive this would provide a very fast workflow; if one person is registering they could easily keep feeding info to the Revit (or other) guys as various groups are registered.

Obviously the group would need removing from the previous project - or at least an option to do so.

3D Photographs to Model Ability to Embed PDF's

by Advocate bd5cents on ‎12-30-2015 09:29 AM

It would be immensely beneficial for us to be able to tag the model, attach specification data, submittal data, warranty information, and hyperlinks to the 3D model that is generated, and then to be able to send that data to an interface that allows our customers, service department, and others to view the attached information. Without the need for ReCap. I'm thinking through A360 Team!

Attached is our current workflow, and from there you can see why it would be beneficial. We currently use A360 Collaboration for Revit to push this information out to our contractors. It would help a lot to get the software to allow for this capability. It would streamline our deliverable process and make us more efficient as well.

http://therevitsaver.blogspot.com/2015/12/autodesk-memento-cellphone.html

The ability to host this data in the cloud through A360 would allow us to provide a customer deliverable that is easy and functional!

Improve Elevation Color Manipulation

by Advocate jared.white on ‎06-24-2016 06:23 AM

I have a very difficult time adjusting color scales for elevation color mapping.  It seems that ReCap is very clunky in this area, and should make this more user friendly.  

I have some projects which are georeferenced and I'd like to see which coordinate I use.

After set the coordinate system in the settings I cannot see it anymore. And it would be grat if the coordinate assign window is the same like in Civil or map and if you can filter the coordinate systems with EPSG codes, countries etc.

Furthermore it would be great if the coordinate system of the point cloud is set automatically and is shown for checking to the user.

Regards,

Eric

Scan Groups During Registration

by Participant Stephen.Brechin.01 on ‎11-29-2016 01:16 AM

I would like to see an additional level of hierarchy during registration.  Would it be possible to retain (or create) scan groups as we go through the registration process?  In its simplest form I envisage that, if I had 3 registration groups and I merge two of those, the left side of the registration window would now show two groups.  Doing this would make it much easier to match the outstanding scans to those already registered.

Base sketch

by Explorer risc2010 on ‎11-29-2016 06:54 AM

Would be very nice if a base sketch capability is incorporate it into Recap like line circle, square etc  with the option of snapping to the points of the cloud

and later export those trace to AutoCAD or any other app to use it for developing a 3d model from it.

Thank you

Measuring tool

by Explorer risc2010 on ‎12-20-2016 01:05 PM

I think the tool is nice but it need some more work for a little more precise snapping specially on perspective views. see it don't lock correct to edge sometime too. if any one have a suggestion about the correct way to snap please advice here where to go.

Registration Tightening

by Advocate jared.white on ‎04-03-2017 09:29 AM

Hello, 

I am working through a registration issue now, that is very large (over 2000 scans).  It appears that recap will only allow you to merge / constrain a single scan to one other single scan.  What we notice is that there is a lot of stack up error from one side of the project to the other.  Cyclone has a feature that is ran once scans are linked one by one that is called 'auto add cloud constraints'.  What this does is look at all overlap between the registered scans, and creates a constraint between anything that overlaps.  This tightens up the error dramatically with large projects.  It would be great if Recap would do the same thing.  

JW

Multi selection of item in the Project Navigator is really missing. Please add this option, it would be very usefull specially when creating grou of scan location. I have a project with over 500 scans which I have to group under some sectors. For now I have to move each scan location one by one to place them under it's group. That's a real pain.

Zoom while Selecting

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎01-15-2016 01:24 PM

You should be able to zoom in and out while selecting points.

Until there is a way for Recap 360 to prove it is accurate it will remain a novelty.   What we need is one a better way to add and assign GCPs (Ground Control Points) to Recap .  Two we need an official Report that can be created to show the errors for each GSP.  We need to see just how close to our ground targets the final product really is.

Have a look at what others are providing and include something similar.   Before we waste out time of exporting and importing into Recap then into Civil 3D (or whatever) we need to know if what we are about to import is accurate enough for our needs.   As of right now this is not being done and until then any data from Recap 360 or Recap is just conceptual in nature as is about about as valuable as the old Google Earth surfaces we were able to import back in 2012.

Sure the final model sure looks pretty, but if it isn't accurate what good is it?  Proofs in the Pudding!  

Bill Neuhauser.

Mirrorball Visualization

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:06 PM

I would like to see all Mirrorballs in the RealView, even if they are obstructed/behind something.

I would also like to be able to change the color of the mirrorballs. They are difficult to see in black & white/intensity RealViews.

Slower Speed for FLY Navigation

by Observer aalbertelli on ‎12-23-2016 12:28 PM

The "fly" navigation tool is great for showing a walkthrough of a space. However, in small rooms or spaces it would be nice to have a speed less than1x to look around and see details.

permanent deletion of of point clouds

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎08-24-2016 07:27 AM

is it possible to permanently delete points in recap. when i delete points and save and optimize, everything looks good until i open the file in navisworks and everything shows up again, can someone help me with that please 

This has been implemented in the ReCap engine and will be available in each product based in its individual schedule.  Should be no later than the next major release (2018) for each, possibly earlier.

For workarounds, see the comment thread or the ReCap community forum.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page