Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Improve Elevation Color Manipulation

by Advocate jared.white on ‎06-24-2016 06:23 AM

I have a very difficult time adjusting color scales for elevation color mapping.  It seems that ReCap is very clunky in this area, and should make this more user friendly.  

Convert Scans to Mesh or surface

by Enthusiast freedom1k on ‎04-06-2015 06:27 AM

It would be great to add a PointCloud to Mesh feature to ReCaP, for isolated scanned objects. There is a competitor's tool that can do this, and the Autodesk's Civil 3D Convert Pointcloud to Surface tool is great for large Topo areas. Sure Momento may have promise in the future, but a Point Cloud or Laser Scan conversion tool belongs in ReCAP.

This was released as a beta service in March.

When creating a dimension using Ortho Mode, a dotted line shows a connection between the dimension and the dimensioned point. After the dimension is created, this line is no longer seen and there is a lack of information about where the dimension was taken. When a dimension has been created using Ortho Mode, a green extension line should remain on the dimension to show the point to which the dimension was taken.

Dimension During Placement

Dimension After Pacement

Dimension Should Show Extension Line

When uploading a Recap Pro project to the cloud - only real views are uploaded.

If you want to exchange a full project with scan data you need to put the project data on a cloud drive or on USB stick.
It would be nice to have the option to upload scan data as well, so that the full project can be exchanged / copied / moved to another computer via the cloud.

Limitations on Meshing

by Explorer cespinosa on ‎08-18-2016 02:09 PM

Just found out the newest version of ReCap has a 30 square meter limitation on meshing!

Please tell me this is not true!

We just purchased 6 subscriptions of ReCap for scanning intersections of highways...

How long is this limitation going to be in effect?

Until there is a way for Recap 360 to prove it is accurate it will remain a novelty.   What we need is one a better way to add and assign GCPs (Ground Control Points) to Recap .  Two we need an official Report that can be created to show the errors for each GSP.  We need to see just how close to our ground targets the final product really is.

Have a look at what others are providing and include something similar.   Before we waste out time of exporting and importing into Recap then into Civil 3D (or whatever) we need to know if what we are about to import is accurate enough for our needs.   As of right now this is not being done and until then any data from Recap 360 or Recap is just conceptual in nature as is about about as valuable as the old Google Earth surfaces we were able to import back in 2012.

Sure the final model sure looks pretty, but if it isn't accurate what good is it?  Proofs in the Pudding!  

Bill Neuhauser.

Mirrorball Visualization

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:06 PM

I would like to see all Mirrorballs in the RealView, even if they are obstructed/behind something.

I would also like to be able to change the color of the mirrorballs. They are difficult to see in black & white/intensity RealViews.

I have some projects which are georeferenced and I'd like to see which coordinate I use.

After set the coordinate system in the settings I cannot see it anymore. And it would be grat if the coordinate assign window is the same like in Civil or map and if you can filter the coordinate systems with EPSG codes, countries etc.

Furthermore it would be great if the coordinate system of the point cloud is set automatically and is shown for checking to the user.

Regards,

Eric

It would be great to have a way to align the scan data during registration to a NWD model. This way the 0,0,0 of the scan data can match the NWD without the need to transform it in Navisworks.

RCSX?

by Contributor brianlee on ‎04-19-2016 11:29 AM - last edited on ‎04-19-2016 11:38 AM |

I would like to see a 'bundled' format for RCS files which can be extracted with programs like 7ZIP (such as a DOCX or DWFX). If I ONLY copy over the RCS files, I cannot re-register them again in ReCap as it loses the thumbnail and other functionality I'm not yet aware of. I would like to have the .DIFF, .LLT, .RCC, and .THUMBNAIL 'bundled together' with the .RCS with some .XML file which also stores scanner setting information and locational data (from the original RAW scan data of the device). Correct me if I'm wrong, the RCS is the RAW unfiltered data with the deltas carried inside the other dependency files.

The primary reason I'm trying to do this is so that I can organize my files better. My folder usually is exploding with scan files. I use ReCap by distributing the import point process onto multiple computers manually (I'm impatient, I don't like waiting and I don't drink coffee). For example, I would divide the set of scans between (eg. 3 computers) and run import from .FLS simultaneously. I would then reimport the .RCS files into a new project and re-register them together as a 'master' file.

I am logging this on behalf of a customer, we noticed that textures/materials are not supported on RCS/RCP files. We caught this when the customer reported this as a behavior with the technical support group - so if you try to assign a texture/material to the RCS in say Navisworks for example, the texture doesn't come in (it appears as white) and there isn't any option within ReCap itself to say select a portion of the scan and assign a different texture. We found you could assign color overrides but not textures. The customer would like to see ReCap support textures coming in from other Autodesk products. 

Color Points by Slope

by Enthusiast ZoltanFerenczy on ‎05-13-2016 09:03 AM

Similar to how points can be colored by Normals, coloring by slope would give the points a color based on the deflection angle (0 - 180 degrees) of the point's normal vector relative to the +Z-axis vector. This would be useful for identifying the slopes of land contours, ADA requirements for ramps, or visualizing drainage and water run-off.

Inserting ReCap cloud into Civil 3d 2016, Still doesn't scale properly. We have to scale the point cloud 0.99999803.

Import annotations and details from file

by Employee on ‎04-06-2015 12:07 PM

You can manually create annotations inside of ReCap but it would be nice to be able to import/bulk load many annotations and their details at once from an external file (.txt, .xls, etc.). The external file would need to include the XYZ and annotation title at a minimum, but it would be nice to be able to include the details/pictures/links that are associated with the annotation asl well.

These files could come from surveyors, 3D CAD models, etc.

Added in 2.1.

Multi selection of item in the Project Navigator is really missing. Please add this option, it would be very usefull specially when creating grou of scan location. I have a project with over 500 scans which I have to group under some sectors. For now I have to move each scan location one by one to place them under it's group. That's a real pain.

Measuring tool

by Explorer risc2010 on ‎12-20-2016 01:05 PM

I think the tool is nice but it need some more work for a little more precise snapping specially on perspective views. see it don't lock correct to edge sometime too. if any one have a suggestion about the correct way to snap please advice here where to go.

Set Default Project Units

by Contributor martuccijm on ‎11-11-2016 04:57 PM

Whenever I go to use the measure tool in Recap I have to switch it from metric to feet & inches. If there was a way to set default project units that would be great.

Hi All,

The same units can be used and should appear on saved projects.

ReCap will go back to metrics whenever you start a new project.

Mitko 

Slower Speed for FLY Navigation

by Observer aalbertelli on ‎12-23-2016 12:28 PM

The "fly" navigation tool is great for showing a walkthrough of a space. However, in small rooms or spaces it would be nice to have a speed less than1x to look around and see details.

Enhance the regions functions!
Multi select point clouds and add to regions.
Add a regions management similar to the AutoCAD layer management:

2017-02-20_1305.png

Thanks!

Export to LAS

by Advocate baumbach on ‎04-13-2017 05:08 PM

Include the option to export to LAS files, retaining lat/lon/elev data.

Currently trying to find a low-effort workflow for generating a Revit toposurface from ReCap Photo-to-3D data. I have a license for Globalmapper which has some very slick tools for filtering out points that don't represent ground, and then generating 3D contours from the resulting subset, but Globalmapper is happiest with georeferenced LAS files.

If ReCap could export LAS this workflow would be complete.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page