Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Export photo from Recap 360

by Explorer jwildt on ‎10-31-2016 01:50 PM

just downloaded the latest revision.  thought the new export image would be exporting each image from the scanner.  it is only a screen shot of what is currently being viewed.  Please look to incorporate exporting all scan images. so we do not have to use the manufacturer's software.

When uploading a Recap Pro project to the cloud - only real views are uploaded.

If you want to exchange a full project with scan data you need to put the project data on a cloud drive or on USB stick.
It would be nice to have the option to upload scan data as well, so that the full project can be exchanged / copied / moved to another computer via the cloud.

3D Photographs to Model Ability to Embed PDF's

by Advocate bd5cents on ‎12-30-2015 09:29 AM

It would be immensely beneficial for us to be able to tag the model, attach specification data, submittal data, warranty information, and hyperlinks to the 3D model that is generated, and then to be able to send that data to an interface that allows our customers, service department, and others to view the attached information. Without the need for ReCap. I'm thinking through A360 Team!

Attached is our current workflow, and from there you can see why it would be beneficial. We currently use A360 Collaboration for Revit to push this information out to our contractors. It would help a lot to get the software to allow for this capability. It would streamline our deliverable process and make us more efficient as well.

http://therevitsaver.blogspot.com/2015/12/autodesk-memento-cellphone.html

The ability to host this data in the cloud through A360 would allow us to provide a customer deliverable that is easy and functional!

Recently, We found importing a PTX and PTS with the default settings brought them in very close, but not at the exact coordinates. Turns out, for pts we needed to specifically change the units to US Survey Feet. While I was given instructions by the Autodesk Support Team, and was able to figure it out, I find the simple solution would be to move unit selection up front, where you select files to import. See attached images (If I could add 2 more attachments, it would be useful in explaining). 

Annotation Groups

by Participant nazeeb.hamza on ‎01-19-2016 09:09 PM

Similar to the ability of creating Viewstate groups, we should have the ability for creating annotation groups. 

This will be very helpful when we are communicating with multiple teams on a project , for eg:- I can group electric related annotations in one group and mechanical related in another , it will be very easy to turn on/off the respective annotation group when communicating with the corresponding team.

Support for SpaceNavigator

by Explorer umar.aziz on ‎09-21-2015 08:07 AM - last edited on ‎09-21-2015 08:10 AM |

It would be great if you could add Support for the SpaceNavigator. Working with Inventor and Recap would be much easier without rethinking every time.

Export 360 Panoramas

by Explorer nick on ‎01-24-2017 04:57 AM

Hello,

I have found one of the most beneficial uses of Recap 360 to be viewing the 360 images generated with clients and consulting team members during design reviews. it would be immensely beneficial to extend this workflow beyond the use of recap through the ability to export 360 panoramas which can be easily shared among team members.

Regards

Export Realview Photos

by Contributor martuccijm on ‎09-08-2016 03:01 PM

I'm looking for a way to export the realview panoramic photos so that I can bring them onto virtual reality goggles.

Improve sharing of Real View data

by Participant danielniziolek on ‎05-23-2016 02:33 AM

I would like to see some improvements to the process of sharing Real Views.

Currently it seems to me that the sharing process is designed to be simple for the person sharing data but next to impossible for the recipient. It should be redesigned to be as easy as possible for the recipient. If its not easy for them, they simply won't use it and get the full benefit of this tool.

The Problem 

The email that the recpient currently gets has no instructions, and next to no information about what I share. Basically it just says that [User A] shared [project name] with you. And even worse, the link is to the project folder on A360. This is next to useless for a un-knowing user such as a client. How on earth are they meant to know what to do from there? With the new A360 you can't even open the RCP file as A360 tries opening it in the CAD model viewer and just hangs there indefinately. As far as I can tell, they then have to navigate to https://recap360.autodesk.com/ and will find the project tile there.

The Solution

The solution to this madness is quite simple. The email that gets sent should actually link to the Real View Project (i.e. https://recap360.autodesk.com/scanviewer/xxxxxxxxxxxxx) not a folder of seemingly random filenames. It should include some information about the project, who shared it and simple instructions or help. If they are not logged in to their Autodesk account, they should be redirected when they do so. 

And finally I would like to see a "get a link" share option like I get on A360. This link would be a read only view of the data, but is viewable by the recipient(s) that I send it to without them needing to login. I could see this being very useful for some projects/situations. 

Limit on pictures

by Explorer we082218 on ‎04-23-2015 09:38 AM

Hi, Can you make the limit on picutres higher please ?  it is really annoying to have only 250 photos when constructing a big model (I have a student version and use it in my research)

live registration

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎10-18-2016 10:52 AM

it will be nice if Recap can be set to accept live feed from 3d scanners or from a folder as the scanner keeps feeding the folder or recap, the software will automatically register the scans, I know this is very challenging but it is possible since recap does a great job registering the scans, if it only can be directed to a folder where the scans keeps on coming, then the whole thing could be possible, again this is a suggestion and I am not an expert.

Refine Autoregistration Counter

by Collaborator Light_Guy on ‎05-01-2015 06:19 AM

Now that we have Autoregistration, can we refine the counter to show hours instead of just minutes and seconds? Should be a simple thing I would think.

Select files from A360

by Explorer hannoQS5R9 on ‎11-13-2016 09:25 PM
I suggest to be able to
load files on A360, in the project space, instead of from A360 Drive.
At the moment one can only access files on A360 drive, which is really bothersome as eg most of ky work is on A360 and the Forge API does also only work with A360. Should be simple to enable this when selecting files. Thank you

After stiching over 220 photos, I have noticed that when making the second click for a point placement, movement speeds are different depending on the direction the mouse travels on the screen. If you think of the computer screen like a map with north being the top of the screen, I observed movements starting from the center towards the SE, E & NE to be slow, where as SW, W & NW were just right. It would be great to see equal speeds in all directions for the zoomed in click placement.

Improve ReCap 360 Home Page Performance

by Employee on ‎03-16-2016 12:00 PM

The ReCap 360 home page looks great, but the performance can be clusmy/laggy. It seems like we are giving up performance over aesthetics especially when it comes to the animations, mouse-hover, etc. If we can keep the look, but improve performance that would be great.

250 photo limit

by Participant TInloes on ‎06-15-2016 12:16 PM

I process drone photos for project large areas.  Most of my projects include more than 250 photos - some up to 1000.  I have been processing them with DroneDeploy, Pix4D, MapsMadeEasy and Agisoft. I would like to try Recap but breaking the project up into many pieces and then trying to combine them seems too complex.  Is there a plan to support more than 250 photos?

Spherical map export for visualization pipelines

by Employee on ‎09-02-2015 06:04 PM - last edited on ‎09-02-2015 06:12 PM |
It would be very useful to be able to export the scanner 'RealView' as a spherical map for use in visualization pipelines. For scenes like the one attached, a spherical map is used in Max/Maya/Stingray as the background and reflection map. CGI elements are then added to the scene. This allows a customer to quickly integrate photo realistic CGI into an established setting and environment captured by the scan. This also extends the workflow to allow the scan to form the basis of the as-is vs. to-be model in an analysis, visual communication, serious game, or engineering modeling pipeline.

First:  you have a good product.  I use it daily and it is a critical component of our business workflow.  Accordingly, I do beta tests and am first to try out new updates and features.

I keep getting requests for new services and features.  This is great!  However, I would suggest you do some housekeeping around the Recap platform before confusing the customer with new editions, models, features, subscriptions, names, brands, SDKs, DLLs, GUIs, web-portals, etc.

To elaborate:  If everry there is someone who should understand the Recap system it is me.  I follow and subscribe to most anything I can get my hands on.  Yet even I am confused with versions and releases and features and cloud credits and A360 and Recap360 vs. Ultimate vs. Pro vs 2.2 vs. Recap2017 vs Cloud, vs subscription.  Can you make 2 (or at most 3) "Levels" of program and stop it there, with clear delinineation between what is included with each?

Furthermore, I don't think that Photogrammetry and Lidar shoudl be mixed into one program.  They are entirely different at the moment. Lidar is destktop, while Photogrammetry is just a link to your Recap 360 website (againn, very confusing).  

Uploading a Lidar scan project to the Recap360 (or is it A360?!?!) site to share with a client is clunky and confusing. Equally as confusing with Photogrammetry projects and creating Meshes from Lidar data.  Argghhh!!

You should run a dead-link check with ALL of your portals, sites, hubs, blogs, newsletters, etc.  It is quite frequent that I encounter a dead link.  And this is not exclusively when browsing an obscure post or site.  Some top level links from the Recap interface are dead links (404 errors).  And some of the top posts on the forum provide answers to questions for Recap 1.x that was replaced and made obsolete year(s) ago.   Keep current/relevant posts and suggestions top and archive the others.  Things move fast in your world.  Unlike a Microsoft Excel forum, posts on Recap are obsolete after 12 months.  Maybe less.  Many of your "News" postings are from 2014. Purge them.

Lastly, you should consider one streamlined place for Recap users.  Currently there is Autodesk product pages, Recap360, user groups, hubs, forums, etc.  And there is little consistency to content across them, or reciprocity in links between them.

Also lastly, how about disabling the upsell links for subscriptions if the user is signed in already?  I'm currently a "Pro" subscriber and yet on the Recap program main welcome screen, it pitches me to "Upgrade to Pro to unlock features".  I could overlook this except that I have litte confidence in the Adesk system knowing I already AM a Pro subscriber.  Or so I thought.  Have I done something wrong?  

Shake some things up at Recap, make them consistent, create a single brand/product, and don't look back.  I'd be all in.  Your customers would flock to the product. Right now even our Authorized resellers don't understand it.

Far too long of a rant, but I mean it constructively,

-Scott

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page