Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Zoom while Selecting

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎01-15-2016 01:24 PM

You should be able to zoom in and out while selecting points.

Mirrorball Visualization

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:06 PM

I would like to see all Mirrorballs in the RealView, even if they are obstructed/behind something.

I would also like to be able to change the color of the mirrorballs. They are difficult to see in black & white/intensity RealViews.

Inserting ReCap cloud into Civil 3d 2016, Still doesn't scale properly. We have to scale the point cloud 0.99999803.

I always find that reflections and general unwanted noise can force the alignment to be in incorect positions, especially when somebody has scanned right next to a mirror.

Being able to remove the unwanted noise/reflections before Registration would surely result in more accurate data sets.

Improve Elevation Color Manipulation

by Advocate jared.white on ‎06-24-2016 06:23 AM

I have a very difficult time adjusting color scales for elevation color mapping.  It seems that ReCap is very clunky in this area, and should make this more user friendly.  

export and import viewpoints

by Advisor Patrick_Aps_9121 on ‎05-19-2015 01:16 AM

I would like to export the positions of the scanner from Recap and be able to import them as viewpoints in AutoCAD, Navisworks and Inventor.

OR, when a Recap project is attached in these applications, the scanner positions should be usable.

Bulk Update Cache

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:01 PM

I would like ReCap to tell me what scans need their cache updated instead of being surprised, and therefore frustrated, when opening a RealView. I would then like to bulk update the cache of the RealViews instead of having to navigate to each one individually.

Coloring cloud point

by Contributor ffauconnet on ‎08-15-2016 11:13 AM

Hi team recap,

I push you the idea to integrate the SDK of iStar In Autodesk Recap.

Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/istar/

SDK Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/sdk-integration/

We imagine in the begining in Recap we drop all scans and all Istar image to color Scan before registration ;)

Thanks in advance

Flo 

I would also like to see Markups being visible across Realviews and in the 3D Views.

At the moment only Notes and Measures are visible.

Far Plane Resetting as Scans Load

by Explorer derek.slabosz on ‎03-23-2017 03:57 PM

For roadway scene cleaning, I generally like to set my far plane to 10 and move noise to a different hidden layer. I would like to start cleaning the scene as soon as a single scan has loaded, but unfortunately as each additional scan loads, the far plane is set back to 10000. Can the far plane settings remain as each scan loads so that I can immediately begin cleaning?  It would greatly help downtime and productivity.

Multiple Open Projects in Recap

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎12-16-2015 03:45 PM

You should be able to have multiple projects open at once, like a lot of the other Autodesk products. A lot of times I'm modeling from a point cloud in Revit, and it's very helpful to view the panoramas, but I also have another project that I want to register at the same time. Right now I can only do one or the other in Recap. 

I would like you to add a feature in which it would be able to remove ambiant lighting, shadows and reflections in the scans while keeping their reflectance propreties. With this feature, we could:

1- Merge more uniformly several scans together.

2- We could do glare analysis from a viewpoint in the point cloud.

Registration Review 3D Preview

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-12-2016 11:39 AM

When registering scans, Recap should have a "3D preview" command before you click approve, so that you can review the registration in detail before accepting the registration. A lot of times if I'm unsure about how a scan is registering, I have to click "Approve" and then I can review it in 3D. 

Extents Recognition

by Collaborator Light_Guy on ‎08-10-2015 07:14 AM

We need ReCap to recognize that the file extents have changed after point cleanup/deletion. I would like to be able to use the view cube to select my view withouth it zooming back out to oblivion every time I pick a view or select the home button.

In the registration process, if I choose Manual registration, Recap always "Searching for match..." every time I switch to the next photo which is slowing down the computer, I would prefer not having the automatic search if I have selected the Manual registration. At least give the option to deactivate the automatic search. This would improve the speed process.

Viewcube without automatic zoom

by Explorer enno.danke on ‎07-26-2016 10:01 PM

The viewcube should get the function if you hold either Shift or Ctrl or Alt to set the new view but do not zoom out.

Ability to remove color from a piece of the point cloud

by Advocate jasonbayer7965 on ‎11-24-2015 05:39 AM - last edited on ‎11-24-2015 05:40 AM |

Sometimes a laborer in a bright yellow vest walks by or tries to use the scanner as binoculars while it is in picture taking mode.

this causes the points collected behind him to take on the colors of him while he was in this position.It would be nice to be able to remove colors from a section after registration and indexing.  i'd rather see greyscale points than mis-colored points, or having to delete the points all together.

I dont now if this is possible, but it would be nice.

Import Panaramic Views from Images

by Enthusiast ZoltanFerenczy on ‎05-18-2016 08:18 AM

It would be of some use and value to be able to import additional panaramic views (shown as mirror balls) into a project by specifying a spherical or cylindrical image and its XYZ location and orientation. This would allow for additional mirror balls to be created for panaramic views captured with other systems, such as the IStar camera. These panaramic views would not allow measuring, but would allow annotations and mark-ups.

Real View Site Plans

by Participant danielniziolek on ‎08-04-2016 09:21 AM

The starting plan in Real View is a view of all the scan data. This is a isn't a great experience for a building that has multiple floors as trying the pick the right scan is really difficult. ReCap Pro has a feature to build additional plans based on min/max levels. This makes it fairly easy for me to build plans for each floor. Unfortunately these are not available on the start page.

I would like either of the following:

1. The additional plans to be available on the start page.
  2. Prior to publishing the project, allow me to set a default plan (such as ground floor) that will load at launch.

Brighten RealViews

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 12:58 PM

Would like the ability to change brighten/change exposure of RealViews.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page