Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

I would like you to add a feature in which it would be able to remove ambiant lighting, shadows and reflections in the scans while keeping their reflectance propreties. With this feature, we could:

1- Merge more uniformly several scans together.

2- We could do glare analysis from a viewpoint in the point cloud.

Export in Feet... Please!

by Contributor ewbFJ62P on ‎04-06-2017 05:38 AM

It seems that the transformation applied in civil 3d to a point cloud from recap applies a scale factor of only 3.2808.  This is fine with a local 5000,5000 coordinate system, but if my project is in the millions of feet, the scaling is not correct.  solution is simple...  Export in Feet!  Please!

Far Plane Resetting as Scans Load

by Explorer derek.slabosz on ‎03-23-2017 03:57 PM

For roadway scene cleaning, I generally like to set my far plane to 10 and move noise to a different hidden layer. I would like to start cleaning the scene as soon as a single scan has loaded, but unfortunately as each additional scan loads, the far plane is set back to 10000. Can the far plane settings remain as each scan loads so that I can immediately begin cleaning?  It would greatly help downtime and productivity.

Annotation Groups

by Participant nazeeb.hamza on ‎01-19-2016 09:09 PM

Similar to the ability of creating Viewstate groups, we should have the ability for creating annotation groups. 

This will be very helpful when we are communicating with multiple teams on a project , for eg:- I can group electric related annotations in one group and mechanical related in another , it will be very easy to turn on/off the respective annotation group when communicating with the corresponding team.

Extents Recognition

by Collaborator Light_Guy on ‎08-10-2015 07:14 AM

We need ReCap to recognize that the file extents have changed after point cleanup/deletion. I would like to be able to use the view cube to select my view withouth it zooming back out to oblivion every time I pick a view or select the home button.

Multiple Open Projects in Recap

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎12-16-2015 03:45 PM

You should be able to have multiple projects open at once, like a lot of the other Autodesk products. A lot of times I'm modeling from a point cloud in Revit, and it's very helpful to view the panoramas, but I also have another project that I want to register at the same time. Right now I can only do one or the other in Recap. 

It would be nice to give the Mirror Balls the same color as the scan location (still transparent though). So it would be easier to identify from which scans faults in overlaps are coming from during cleaning of the scans. Maybe its also nice for the elevation and (the average) intensity.

Can't Export RCS

by Explorer derek.slabosz on ‎11-21-2016 10:56 AM

I get an error that a software problem has caused Recap to close unexpectedly. It then states I need to update my graphics card drivers, what gives??

View States Subfolders

by Collaborator John.DeLeeuw on ‎09-09-2016 03:36 AM

Can you add View States Subfolders?

This would be handy to arrange certain viewstates for animation in different parts of the whole scan.

Thank you for submitting your idea @John.DeLeeuw!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you all that the same has been implemented.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Import .dwg models into ReCap

by Enthusiast jasper.paulusma on ‎03-22-2016 01:48 AM

Could it be possible to import a .DWG model into ReCap, also to see in the Realview mode. This would improve routing pipe using plant 3D greatly. The AutoCAD software is nice to route in in parallel view but you cannot see the collisions well. A second screen in Perspective view with the model in it would be useful. I use Navisworks now to check for collisions in the point cloud. However ReCap is working much smoother and easier with the possibility for Realview.

Greetings Jasper.

Hi All,

We are happy to inform you that the requested idea has been reviewed and that the same has been implemented in the latest product release.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the this ReCap version from our product page.

More about all the updates can be found here.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

File Properties

by Collaborator Light_Guy on ‎04-07-2015 02:15 PM - last edited on ‎04-07-2015 02:18 PM |

We need a File Properties window, similar to iProperties in Inventor. Somewhere where we can give a brief overview of the project, identify the author of the file, note what project it is a part of...and so on.

Export view as image

by Enthusiast ZoltanFerenczy on ‎04-19-2015 05:57 AM

In typical workflows, ReCap is used to communicate information about a space to other members of the team. This is often done my emailing them screen captures of the point cloud inside of ReCap. It would be of great utility to be able to export the current view or a saved View State as an image and be able to specify the resolution. This would also allow for the creation of scaled orthoimages. The user interface could be achieved by right-clicking on a saved View State and choosing a “Export to Image” option.

Hi @ZoltanFerenczy,

Thank you for submitting your idea!
The new ReCap 360 Pro is out and we are happy to inform you that many of the submitted request here on IdeaStation have been implemented including yours.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

More about on the latest updates can be found here.

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

The Pipe Snap feature allows for the extraction of a cylindrical shape to facilitate dimensioning to the center or quadrant points on a pipe. The Pipe Snap should also allow the radius and diameter of the pipe to be dimensioned.

Thank you for submitting your idea!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that the same has been implemented!

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of benefit to you!

The Autodesk ReCap Team

It would be great if we could import 2d dwg's or 3d files for the use of alignment.  if we could select a location on the drawing or model and associate it with a point in the picture that would be a great way to align project data.

Registration Review 3D Preview

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-12-2016 11:39 AM

When registering scans, Recap should have a "3D preview" command before you click approve, so that you can review the registration in detail before accepting the registration. A lot of times if I'm unsure about how a scan is registering, I have to click "Approve" and then I can review it in 3D. 

Cleanup by Colour

by Advocate on ‎11-17-2016 08:21 AM

I've just been cleaning up a scan for the past 30 mins or so and whilst the in-built cloud tool 'Cleanup' does an OK'ish job, it sill take a great deal of time and then removes points which should not be removed and leaves many which I need to remove. I the had to use the fence selection and removal tools repeatedly to get close to a fully cleaned model.

The points I want to remove are create by the laser bouncing off of glass and reflective surfaces. My thinking is that because all points created as a reflection are effectively white, would it no be possible to add a cleanup tool which looks for point of no colour? I believe that the only objects which would be this true white would be reflections as even white surfaces are going to have RGB values applied which are close but not fully RCG 255, 255, 255

These white reflection points are all around and inside the building.

Capture.PNG

This would save an huge amount of time.

Bulk Update Cache

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:01 PM

I would like ReCap to tell me what scans need their cache updated instead of being surprised, and therefore frustrated, when opening a RealView. I would then like to bulk update the cache of the RealViews instead of having to navigate to each one individually.

When I have made some scans of a street in the order 1,2,3,4 and 5. Recap Auto Registration sometimes connect it 1,3,2,4,5 or 1,4,3,2,5 or something similar. I would like to tell Recap before Auto Registration which scans it can connect to. Like scan 2 is connected to 1 and 3, scan3 is connected to 2 and 4, and 4 is connected to 3 and 5.

I was thinking about drag and drop the scan spheres on top of each other during the 'Index Scans' proces. Example in the attached picture. This is actually how these scans are connected.

Screenshot (120).png

I think this would give it a better accuracy and will speed up the process. This would also solve that Auto Registration can't find a connection, but find it directly when I open both scans in Manual registration.

Coloring cloud point

by Contributor ffauconnet on ‎08-15-2016 11:13 AM

Hi team recap,

I push you the idea to integrate the SDK of iStar In Autodesk Recap.

Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/istar/

SDK Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/sdk-integration/

We imagine in the begining in Recap we drop all scans and all Istar image to color Scan before registration ;)

Thanks in advance

Flo 

Registration

by Participant EcoJim on ‎09-21-2016 03:36 PM

It would be helpful if we could choose a scan that will be the base for registrations. Similar to Reference scan in Faro scene or Home Scan world Leica Cyclone.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page