Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Cleaning up a point cloud

by Advocate on ‎10-07-2016 09:20 AM

In the Faro Scene software I can create a scope box and then delete points inside this space. The scope box remains and I can then move this to another location and repeat the delete points. This way I can clean unwanted 'noise' like people walking down a street, or cars, very quickly. With ReCap after you have chosen the area (rectangle or polygon, then erased points inside, you have to begin again by defining a new area.

I would like to see the ability to create a scope box which remains after being used once to remove wanted points.

Using the trial, I have tried serval different mesh exports (varied in size) with no luck. I get 2 reason for error. "Request is temporally unavailable". Well my time is my time. Why can't we just export out to our own computer like Edgewise? Faro scene? .rvt or .dxf.

How about finding cylinders with a center line? I am an Electrical Designer, this feature would be great for asbuilts or retrofit work.

Find Annonations Easier When Searching

by Participant Alex.Johnson on ‎03-09-2016 07:09 AM

When searching for annonation.  Is there a way to highlight or bold the particular annonation you were searching for until you click once or click the annonoation?  When you click once or click on the annonation it will turn the annonation from being highlighted or bold back to normal.  It will make finding that particular annonation in a bunch of annonations easier. 

We should be able to set near and far plane for annotations (or it should apply to the annotations also when you set the camera settings under preferences).

That way the cluttering of annotations can be avoided(see below image), right now the only option is to individually turn on/off annotations with is very time time consuming and not productive at all.

In ReCap when uploading a point cloud to the Cloud to convert the file into a mesh, a short progress bar is shown during the upload to the Cloud. However, once the cloud takes over and starts its meshing process, there is no way of finding out how the mesh is getting on until the notification in ReCap/the email notification appears at the end. It would be good to see some sort of progress bar in order to gauge how long the conversion will take.

More support for multi displays

by Collaborator Light_Guy on ‎11-22-2016 07:42 AM

Would love to be able to drag the Plan View window to another screen so I can enlarge that while still giving me plenty of viewing area for the scan I am working in. I already do this with the Project Navigator and it helps tremendously.

Progress Bars

by Participant keith.phoenix on ‎01-13-2017 10:37 AM

When Saving As, it would be a great help to have a progress bar during the various stages. A progress bar showing the number of copied files during the "Copy Project Files" stage or even just a counter would let me know the program is still actively working and not just spinning infinitely. An additional progress bar during the "Removing Points" stage would also let me know the program is actually doing something and hasn't timed out or just stopped responding. Again an actual progress bar showing percentage is ideal, but not totally necessary, a small numeric counter showing the number of files copied or the number of points removed would be a good enough indicator to let me know the program is working and not just stuck.

Faro X330 HDR files crash recap 360

by Observer eddie on ‎08-29-2016 09:22 AM

When will Faro Focus X330 HDR scans become compatible with Recap 360?

Recap Region

by Advocate gustavo.bergoya on ‎05-21-2016 11:33 AM

Denote Recap Region description manually by Lidar classification.

Hi @gustavo.bergoya

Thank you for submitting your idea!
We are happy to inform you that your request has been reviewed and the same has been implemented in Infraworks 360!

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest version from the Infraworks product page.

More details about this implemented feature is demonstrated in this video.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of benefit to you!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Search engine in registration step

by Participant info on ‎10-13-2016 02:57 AM

Hi Team Recap,

A useful feature when registration would be a search engine / filter where we could indicate the name of scan, to find it quickly.
When we have more than 1,000 scans the list are so long...
Thank you in advance

Flo

It would be great for Real Views to get the ability to annotate levels and XYZ coordinates similar to how we can get dimensions currently. In ReCap Pro on the desktop it displays the current coordinate at the bottom of the window so I'm really just after an online solution, and preferably an annotation so that it can be kept.

Recap for Mac

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎11-04-2015 10:51 AM

It would be great if there was Recap for Mac. Some of the people in our company use Mac, and the only way for them to view scans is through the online Recap viewer, which is much slower than the actual software.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page