Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

I am logging this on behalf of a customer, we noticed that textures/materials are not supported on RCS/RCP files. We caught this when the customer reported this as a behavior with the technical support group - so if you try to assign a texture/material to the RCS in say Navisworks for example, the texture doesn't come in (it appears as white) and there isn't any option within ReCap itself to say select a portion of the scan and assign a different texture. We found you could assign color overrides but not textures. The customer would like to see ReCap support textures coming in from other Autodesk products. 

Enhance the regions functions!
Multi select point clouds and add to regions.
Add a regions management similar to the AutoCAD layer management:

2017-02-20_1305.png

Thanks!

When creating a dimension using Ortho Mode, a dotted line shows a connection between the dimension and the dimensioned point. After the dimension is created, this line is no longer seen and there is a lack of information about where the dimension was taken. When a dimension has been created using Ortho Mode, a green extension line should remain on the dimension to show the point to which the dimension was taken.

Dimension During Placement

Dimension After Pacement

Dimension Should Show Extension Line

Color Points by Slope

by Enthusiast ZoltanFerenczy on ‎05-13-2016 09:03 AM

Similar to how points can be colored by Normals, coloring by slope would give the points a color based on the deflection angle (0 - 180 degrees) of the point's normal vector relative to the +Z-axis vector. This would be useful for identifying the slopes of land contours, ADA requirements for ramps, or visualizing drainage and water run-off.

Multi selection of item in the Project Navigator is really missing. Please add this option, it would be very usefull specially when creating grou of scan location. I have a project with over 500 scans which I have to group under some sectors. For now I have to move each scan location one by one to place them under it's group. That's a real pain.

Mirrorball Visualization

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:06 PM

I would like to see all Mirrorballs in the RealView, even if they are obstructed/behind something.

I would also like to be able to change the color of the mirrorballs. They are difficult to see in black & white/intensity RealViews.

When uploading a Recap Pro project to the cloud - only real views are uploaded.

If you want to exchange a full project with scan data you need to put the project data on a cloud drive or on USB stick.
It would be nice to have the option to upload scan data as well, so that the full project can be exchanged / copied / moved to another computer via the cloud.

Improve Elevation Color Manipulation

by Advocate jared.white on ‎06-24-2016 06:23 AM

I have a very difficult time adjusting color scales for elevation color mapping.  It seems that ReCap is very clunky in this area, and should make this more user friendly.  

I have some projects which are georeferenced and I'd like to see which coordinate I use.

After set the coordinate system in the settings I cannot see it anymore. And it would be grat if the coordinate assign window is the same like in Civil or map and if you can filter the coordinate systems with EPSG codes, countries etc.

Furthermore it would be great if the coordinate system of the point cloud is set automatically and is shown for checking to the user.

Regards,

Eric

Far Plane Resetting as Scans Load

by Explorer derek.slabosz on ‎03-23-2017 03:57 PM

For roadway scene cleaning, I generally like to set my far plane to 10 and move noise to a different hidden layer. I would like to start cleaning the scene as soon as a single scan has loaded, but unfortunately as each additional scan loads, the far plane is set back to 10000. Can the far plane settings remain as each scan loads so that I can immediately begin cleaning?  It would greatly help downtime and productivity.

Annotation Groups

by Participant nazeeb.hamza on ‎01-19-2016 09:09 PM

Similar to the ability of creating Viewstate groups, we should have the ability for creating annotation groups. 

This will be very helpful when we are communicating with multiple teams on a project , for eg:- I can group electric related annotations in one group and mechanical related in another , it will be very easy to turn on/off the respective annotation group when communicating with the corresponding team.

Multiple Open Projects in Recap

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎12-16-2015 03:45 PM

You should be able to have multiple projects open at once, like a lot of the other Autodesk products. A lot of times I'm modeling from a point cloud in Revit, and it's very helpful to view the panoramas, but I also have another project that I want to register at the same time. Right now I can only do one or the other in Recap. 

Recap use to index the scans much faster, before RealViews were made.  While RealViews are nice, they increase processing time and file size.  Sometimes they are not needed.  Please make a way for the user to 'check' RealView creation before indexing. 

export and import viewpoints

by Advisor Patrick_Aps_9121 on ‎05-19-2015 01:16 AM

I would like to export the positions of the scanner from Recap and be able to import them as viewpoints in AutoCAD, Navisworks and Inventor.

OR, when a Recap project is attached in these applications, the scanner positions should be usable.

It would be nice to give the Mirror Balls the same color as the scan location (still transparent though). So it would be easier to identify from which scans faults in overlaps are coming from during cleaning of the scans. Maybe its also nice for the elevation and (the average) intensity.

View States Subfolders

by Collaborator John.DeLeeuw on ‎09-09-2016 03:36 AM

Can you add View States Subfolders?

This would be handy to arrange certain viewstates for animation in different parts of the whole scan.

Thank you for submitting your idea @John.DeLeeuw!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you all that the same has been implemented.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Customize Navigation Controls

by Explorer adrian.taylor on ‎11-14-2016 02:43 PM

Would love the ability to customize the navigation control setup to change which mouse and key combinations are used to zoom, pan, orbit, select etc.

I would also like to see Markups being visible across Realviews and in the 3D Views.

At the moment only Notes and Measures are visible.

Dear Autodesk and colleagues,

Recap and 123D (design, make, print, catch, make, mesh, etc.) are all very potential applications. Applications where further development is definitely possible. Applications that make use of a similar environment and workflows.

All these programs got some features, but what if you can create one program (Recap 4.0) that has the option to switch between these disciplines? More collaboration, better work environment, faster working, and more.

The power over other Autodesk products, for example Revit, is that you can use the program for more than one discipline. Imagine that you integrate the 123D applications into Recap, so the customer can choose their discipline just like you do in Revit and other Autodesk products.

Imagine you can 3D scan a building (or object), both with pictures as with a 3D scanner, upload it in Recap (4.0), optimize, outline, add component, reshape, make groups, directly make an export for either Autodesk products or a 3D printer and many more!

This idea generates a lot of possibility's, time savings and licensing benefits for both Autodesk as resellers. Of course, the 123D applications are free at this moment, make use of this! You can make a program (Recap 4.0) where only the features from 123D and some from Recap are free to use, let them taste the possibility's and make more money that way. Win-win.

Vote for this idea and everybody wins!

Thank you for submitting your idea @Jreij!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that Autodesk will make the necessery actions to merge some of the best functinalities from similar products and provide a more cohesive experiance.

You can see the initial start of this initiative on this page, and you can expect a more integrated experiance from ReCap when it comes to utulizing Reality Capture technologies. 

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Recently, We found importing a PTX and PTS with the default settings brought them in very close, but not at the exact coordinates. Turns out, for pts we needed to specifically change the units to US Survey Feet. While I was given instructions by the Autodesk Support Team, and was able to figure it out, I find the simple solution would be to move unit selection up front, where you select files to import. See attached images (If I could add 2 more attachments, it would be useful in explaining). 

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page