Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

3D Photographs to Model Ability to Embed PDF's

by Advocate bd5cents on ‎12-30-2015 09:29 AM

It would be immensely beneficial for us to be able to tag the model, attach specification data, submittal data, warranty information, and hyperlinks to the 3D model that is generated, and then to be able to send that data to an interface that allows our customers, service department, and others to view the attached information. Without the need for ReCap. I'm thinking through A360 Team!

Attached is our current workflow, and from there you can see why it would be beneficial. We currently use A360 Collaboration for Revit to push this information out to our contractors. It would help a lot to get the software to allow for this capability. It would streamline our deliverable process and make us more efficient as well.

http://therevitsaver.blogspot.com/2015/12/autodesk-memento-cellphone.html

The ability to host this data in the cloud through A360 would allow us to provide a customer deliverable that is easy and functional!

Scan Groups During Registration

by Participant Stephen.Brechin.01 on ‎11-29-2016 01:16 AM

I would like to see an additional level of hierarchy during registration.  Would it be possible to retain (or create) scan groups as we go through the registration process?  In its simplest form I envisage that, if I had 3 registration groups and I merge two of those, the left side of the registration window would now show two groups.  Doing this would make it much easier to match the outstanding scans to those already registered.

Registration Tightening

by Advocate jared.white on ‎04-03-2017 09:29 AM

Hello, 

I am working through a registration issue now, that is very large (over 2000 scans).  It appears that recap will only allow you to merge / constrain a single scan to one other single scan.  What we notice is that there is a lot of stack up error from one side of the project to the other.  Cyclone has a feature that is ran once scans are linked one by one that is called 'auto add cloud constraints'.  What this does is look at all overlap between the registered scans, and creates a constraint between anything that overlaps.  This tightens up the error dramatically with large projects.  It would be great if Recap would do the same thing.  

JW

It would be great to have a way to align the scan data during registration to a NWD model. This way the 0,0,0 of the scan data can match the NWD without the need to transform it in Navisworks.

RCSX?

by Contributor brianlee on ‎04-19-2016 11:29 AM - last edited on ‎04-19-2016 11:38 AM |

I would like to see a 'bundled' format for RCS files which can be extracted with programs like 7ZIP (such as a DOCX or DWFX). If I ONLY copy over the RCS files, I cannot re-register them again in ReCap as it loses the thumbnail and other functionality I'm not yet aware of. I would like to have the .DIFF, .LLT, .RCC, and .THUMBNAIL 'bundled together' with the .RCS with some .XML file which also stores scanner setting information and locational data (from the original RAW scan data of the device). Correct me if I'm wrong, the RCS is the RAW unfiltered data with the deltas carried inside the other dependency files.

The primary reason I'm trying to do this is so that I can organize my files better. My folder usually is exploding with scan files. I use ReCap by distributing the import point process onto multiple computers manually (I'm impatient, I don't like waiting and I don't drink coffee). For example, I would divide the set of scans between (eg. 3 computers) and run import from .FLS simultaneously. I would then reimport the .RCS files into a new project and re-register them together as a 'master' file.

Until there is a way for Recap 360 to prove it is accurate it will remain a novelty.   What we need is one a better way to add and assign GCPs (Ground Control Points) to Recap .  Two we need an official Report that can be created to show the errors for each GSP.  We need to see just how close to our ground targets the final product really is.

Have a look at what others are providing and include something similar.   Before we waste out time of exporting and importing into Recap then into Civil 3D (or whatever) we need to know if what we are about to import is accurate enough for our needs.   As of right now this is not being done and until then any data from Recap 360 or Recap is just conceptual in nature as is about about as valuable as the old Google Earth surfaces we were able to import back in 2012.

Sure the final model sure looks pretty, but if it isn't accurate what good is it?  Proofs in the Pudding!  

Bill Neuhauser.

For a lot of scan projects its much easier to set out the coordinates in the field first > position the scanner above or between the points > attach the coordinates to the scans > Import in the scan software (Recap) without registration > clean the scans without the need to stitch them.

This is WAY faster and more accurate than by Shape matching. Yes, it takes a little more time in the field to set out the coordinates, but most of the times these coordinates are also needed for other things (Infraworks360, Construction coordination, ect.)

It was already possible with the TopCon GLS-2000 .ij data in Recap, but it doesn't seem to work anymore since update 2.2 . It would be nice to register them by importing an .csv or something in Recap or by recognizing the data from a file in the same folder.

See registration method 2 in the attachments.

Coloring cloud point

by Contributor ffauconnet on ‎08-15-2016 11:13 AM

Hi team recap,

I push you the idea to integrate the SDK of iStar In Autodesk Recap.

Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/istar/

SDK Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/sdk-integration/

We imagine in the begining in Recap we drop all scans and all Istar image to color Scan before registration ;)

Thanks in advance

Flo 

Registration

by Participant EcoJim on ‎09-21-2016 03:36 PM

It would be helpful if we could choose a scan that will be the base for registrations. Similar to Reference scan in Faro scene or Home Scan world Leica Cyclone.

Registration Review 3D Preview

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-12-2016 11:39 AM

When registering scans, Recap should have a "3D preview" command before you click approve, so that you can review the registration in detail before accepting the registration. A lot of times if I'm unsure about how a scan is registering, I have to click "Approve" and then I can review it in 3D. 

When I have made some scans of a street in the order 1,2,3,4 and 5. Recap Auto Registration sometimes connect it 1,3,2,4,5 or 1,4,3,2,5 or something similar. I would like to tell Recap before Auto Registration which scans it can connect to. Like scan 2 is connected to 1 and 3, scan3 is connected to 2 and 4, and 4 is connected to 3 and 5.

I was thinking about drag and drop the scan spheres on top of each other during the 'Index Scans' proces. Example in the attached picture. This is actually how these scans are connected.

Screenshot (120).png

I think this would give it a better accuracy and will speed up the process. This would also solve that Auto Registration can't find a connection, but find it directly when I open both scans in Manual registration.

In the registration process, if I choose Manual registration, Recap always "Searching for match..." every time I switch to the next photo which is slowing down the computer, I would prefer not having the automatic search if I have selected the Manual registration. At least give the option to deactivate the automatic search. This would improve the speed process.

Faro FreeStyle X

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎08-06-2016 07:28 PM

I would like to see Recap importing Faro FreeStyle file formats, and be able to register them as currently it is unable to do that 

Hi @bashar_dawood

Thank you for submitting your idea!
The new ReCap 360 Pro is out and we are happy to inform you that many of the submitted request here on IdeaStation have been implemented including yours.

Now you can align any handheld scans or photo point cloud data with structured scans.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

More about on the latest updates can be found here.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Registration - Intensity View

by Advocate kgrover on ‎04-03-2015 01:34 PM

Having the ability to toggle between intensity (grey scale and colored) and RGB during the registration stage would be excellent. 

There are times when the RGB imagery is overexposed or underexposed due to poor lighting, making it impossible to pick points for registration. The intensity view always works, so it would be great to have this option. 

Kevin

Great news! This is now available with the new ReCap 2.2 release. More details can be seen in this article. Thank you again for providing us your input!!!

It would be useful to be able to add other file formats when marking up a Recap 360 project. Images a re fine for something's but I would like to be able to add, .pdf, .doc or .xls, these documents could be risk assessments for items of plant or maintenance schedules for instance.

If this can't be done with a built in document viewer, then perhaps it could be done via hyperlink to a document stored in Autodesk 360 or BIM 360 storage and then launched in the necessary MS Office or PDF application.

Thanks

Chris

Registration (scan Tree)

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎01-01-2017 09:50 PM

It would be nice if I can easily see a list of the scans involved in the project, I don't want to go through the groups, even better why can't we have a Scan Tree where things are clear and all the info regarding the registration is also impeded in the tree, and also you can apply some tasks through the tree.

once someone is familiar with the project he/she can do the complete registration from the tree.  

Photo Registry Matched Points

by Advocate solson on ‎07-22-2015 05:32 AM

When clicking on points, you will see a note “Matched in 4 Photos”, it would be nice to have a way to see those 4 photos together.  Either on screen at the same time or in a “flip book window” that will allow the user to toggle through just those 4 photos to make sure the points are indeed the same.

schematic diagram

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎01-12-2017 09:37 PM

is it possible to have a schematic diagram that shows all the scans and how they are related to each other, also to make it dynamic in a way that I can link any scans together through it and register them against each other, all this on one side and on the other side a simple map that shows the scans position.

Thank you 

old scans registration

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎08-12-2016 09:45 AM

it will be really nice if i can register new scans with older ones. I some time deal with scans that has been done years ago and d never changed except for few new addition.   

Eyesmap support

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎09-02-2016 08:15 PM

currently there is no support for Eyesmap files (.PLY) can you guys support this file extension

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page