Recap Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Recap team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Scan Groups During Registration

by Participant Stephen.Brechin.01 on ‎11-29-2016 01:16 AM

I would like to see an additional level of hierarchy during registration.  Would it be possible to retain (or create) scan groups as we go through the registration process?  In its simplest form I envisage that, if I had 3 registration groups and I merge two of those, the left side of the registration window would now show two groups.  Doing this would make it much easier to match the outstanding scans to those already registered.

Base sketch

by Explorer risc2010 on ‎11-29-2016 06:54 AM

Would be very nice if a base sketch capability is incorporate it into Recap like line circle, square etc  with the option of snapping to the points of the cloud

and later export those trace to AutoCAD or any other app to use it for developing a 3d model from it.

Thank you

Limitations on Meshing

by Explorer cespinosa on ‎08-18-2016 02:09 PM

Just found out the newest version of ReCap has a 30 square meter limitation on meshing!

Please tell me this is not true!

We just purchased 6 subscriptions of ReCap for scanning intersections of highways...

How long is this limitation going to be in effect?

Export photo from Recap 360

by Explorer jwildt on ‎10-31-2016 01:50 PM

just downloaded the latest revision.  thought the new export image would be exporting each image from the scanner.  it is only a screen shot of what is currently being viewed.  Please look to incorporate exporting all scan images. so we do not have to use the manufacturer's software.

permanent deletion of of point clouds

by Enthusiast bashar_dawood on ‎08-24-2016 07:27 AM

is it possible to permanently delete points in recap. when i delete points and save and optimize, everything looks good until i open the file in navisworks and everything shows up again, can someone help me with that please 

This has been implemented in the ReCap engine and will be available in each product based in its individual schedule.  Should be no later than the next major release (2018) for each, possibly earlier.

For workarounds, see the comment thread or the ReCap community forum.

Slower Speed for FLY Navigation

by Observer aalbertelli on ‎12-23-2016 12:28 PM

The "fly" navigation tool is great for showing a walkthrough of a space. However, in small rooms or spaces it would be nice to have a speed less than1x to look around and see details.

Measuring tool

by Explorer risc2010 on ‎12-20-2016 01:05 PM

I think the tool is nice but it need some more work for a little more precise snapping specially on perspective views. see it don't lock correct to edge sometime too. if any one have a suggestion about the correct way to snap please advice here where to go.

It would be great to have a way to align the scan data during registration to a NWD model. This way the 0,0,0 of the scan data can match the NWD without the need to transform it in Navisworks.

Mirrorball Visualization

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:06 PM

I would like to see all Mirrorballs in the RealView, even if they are obstructed/behind something.

I would also like to be able to change the color of the mirrorballs. They are difficult to see in black & white/intensity RealViews.

Inserting ReCap cloud into Civil 3d 2016, Still doesn't scale properly. We have to scale the point cloud 0.99999803.

I would like you to add a feature in which it would be able to remove ambiant lighting, shadows and reflections in the scans while keeping their reflectance propreties. With this feature, we could:

1- Merge more uniformly several scans together.

2- We could do glare analysis from a viewpoint in the point cloud.

Far Plane Resetting as Scans Load

by Explorer derek.slabosz on ‎03-23-2017 03:57 PM

For roadway scene cleaning, I generally like to set my far plane to 10 and move noise to a different hidden layer. I would like to start cleaning the scene as soon as a single scan has loaded, but unfortunately as each additional scan loads, the far plane is set back to 10000. Can the far plane settings remain as each scan loads so that I can immediately begin cleaning?  It would greatly help downtime and productivity.

Registration

by Participant EcoJim on ‎09-21-2016 03:36 PM

It would be helpful if we could choose a scan that will be the base for registrations. Similar to Reference scan in Faro scene or Home Scan world Leica Cyclone.

When I have made some scans of a street in the order 1,2,3,4 and 5. Recap Auto Registration sometimes connect it 1,3,2,4,5 or 1,4,3,2,5 or something similar. I would like to tell Recap before Auto Registration which scans it can connect to. Like scan 2 is connected to 1 and 3, scan3 is connected to 2 and 4, and 4 is connected to 3 and 5.

I was thinking about drag and drop the scan spheres on top of each other during the 'Index Scans' proces. Example in the attached picture. This is actually how these scans are connected.

Screenshot (120).png

I think this would give it a better accuracy and will speed up the process. This would also solve that Auto Registration can't find a connection, but find it directly when I open both scans in Manual registration.

Coloring cloud point

by Contributor ffauconnet on ‎08-15-2016 11:13 AM

Hi team recap,

I push you the idea to integrate the SDK of iStar In Autodesk Recap.

Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/istar/

SDK Istar :
https://www.nctechimaging.com/sdk-integration/

We imagine in the begining in Recap we drop all scans and all Istar image to color Scan before registration ;)

Thanks in advance

Flo 

It would be great if we could import 2d dwg's or 3d files for the use of alignment.  if we could select a location on the drawing or model and associate it with a point in the picture that would be a great way to align project data.

Cleanup by Colour

by Advocate on ‎11-17-2016 08:21 AM

I've just been cleaning up a scan for the past 30 mins or so and whilst the in-built cloud tool 'Cleanup' does an OK'ish job, it sill take a great deal of time and then removes points which should not be removed and leaves many which I need to remove. I the had to use the fence selection and removal tools repeatedly to get close to a fully cleaned model.

The points I want to remove are create by the laser bouncing off of glass and reflective surfaces. My thinking is that because all points created as a reflection are effectively white, would it no be possible to add a cleanup tool which looks for point of no colour? I believe that the only objects which would be this true white would be reflections as even white surfaces are going to have RGB values applied which are close but not fully RCG 255, 255, 255

These white reflection points are all around and inside the building.

Capture.PNG

This would save an huge amount of time.

Image Editing Capability

by Enthusiast can_glasgow on ‎09-22-2016 03:11 PM

It would be great to be able to edit/enhance the individual associated colour images attached to the scanworld at the post-registration/Project stage.

Eg.; removing unwanted image artefacts on a surface due to passing cars or people, editing the edge of a surface such as a slightly moving tree (usually has the colour of the sky is mapped onto the leaf edges), balance multi-tonal surfaces due to lens flares, or touch-up irregular colours when there is a considerable difference between dark and light surfaces. Although this could be done in the original scan (unregistered) dataset, it would save time to focus on the most obvious problem images.

A link to a secondary application like Photoshop may work but it may be better to have the capability within ReCap. Specific tools like an alpha channel wand, colour eye-dropper or clone stamp.

Thanks

Recap import Topcon CLR files

by Participant mark.mcnaught on ‎10-05-2016 06:34 PM - last edited on ‎10-05-2016 06:37 PM |

Hello, 

Can I please have an ETA on a fix for CLR files direct import? I work for authorized Topcon dealer in Canada. I know of the product release for ReCap functioning with direct import of CLR files, which are files directly off the scanner SD card (hence bypassing Topcon Scanmaster software for coloring scans). Topcon put out a release note saying it was now functional in Recap, months ago. I tested it that very same day and it didnt work, there was no way to import SEVERAL scans at once, as Recap sees them all as the same name. 

I've noted this to Topcon a couple of months ago, at which time I was told Autodesk is aware of the problem, and the next release would have a better workflow for importing many scans at once in CLR format. It was noted that this release might be expected in October. 

I have a very big demo opportunity in 2 weeks where I want to show off the Recap workflow for a customer that wants to bring scans into Revit, but as it stands I have to import and color them in Scanmaster, then into Recap, and it just isnt a very good workflow. 

Any update on a fix? I've just signed up for a paid version of Recap Pro, but without this function it's not really worth it if I have to use Scanmaster anyway. 

Thanks!

Mark

Bulk Update Cache

by Employee on ‎06-02-2016 01:01 PM

I would like ReCap to tell me what scans need their cache updated instead of being surprised, and therefore frustrated, when opening a RealView. I would then like to bulk update the cache of the RealViews instead of having to navigate to each one individually.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

For more info about ReCap visit the ReCap product page