Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housecleaning necessary before launching new features

Housecleaning necessary before launching new features

First:  you have a good product.  I use it daily and it is a critical component of our business workflow.  Accordingly, I do beta tests and am first to try out new updates and features.

I keep getting requests for new services and features.  This is great!  However, I would suggest you do some housekeeping around the Recap platform before confusing the customer with new editions, models, features, subscriptions, names, brands, SDKs, DLLs, GUIs, web-portals, etc.

To elaborate:  If everry there is someone who should understand the Recap system it is me.  I follow and subscribe to most anything I can get my hands on.  Yet even I am confused with versions and releases and features and cloud credits and A360 and Recap360 vs. Ultimate vs. Pro vs 2.2 vs. Recap2017 vs Cloud, vs subscription.  Can you make 2 (or at most 3) "Levels" of program and stop it there, with clear delinineation between what is included with each?

Furthermore, I don't think that Photogrammetry and Lidar shoudl be mixed into one program.  They are entirely different at the moment. Lidar is destktop, while Photogrammetry is just a link to your Recap 360 website (againn, very confusing).  

Uploading a Lidar scan project to the Recap360 (or is it A360?!?!) site to share with a client is clunky and confusing. Equally as confusing with Photogrammetry projects and creating Meshes from Lidar data.  Argghhh!!

You should run a dead-link check with ALL of your portals, sites, hubs, blogs, newsletters, etc.  It is quite frequent that I encounter a dead link.  And this is not exclusively when browsing an obscure post or site.  Some top level links from the Recap interface are dead links (404 errors).  And some of the top posts on the forum provide answers to questions for Recap 1.x that was replaced and made obsolete year(s) ago.   Keep current/relevant posts and suggestions top and archive the others.  Things move fast in your world.  Unlike a Microsoft Excel forum, posts on Recap are obsolete after 12 months.  Maybe less.  Many of your "News" postings are from 2014. Purge them.

Lastly, you should consider one streamlined place for Recap users.  Currently there is Autodesk product pages, Recap360, user groups, hubs, forums, etc.  And there is little consistency to content across them, or reciprocity in links between them.

Also lastly, how about disabling the upsell links for subscriptions if the user is signed in already?  I'm currently a "Pro" subscriber and yet on the Recap program main welcome screen, it pitches me to "Upgrade to Pro to unlock features".  I could overlook this except that I have litte confidence in the Adesk system knowing I already AM a Pro subscriber.  Or so I thought.  Have I done something wrong?  

Shake some things up at Recap, make them consistent, create a single brand/product, and don't look back.  I'd be all in.  Your customers would flock to the product. Right now even our Authorized resellers don't understand it.

Far too long of a rant, but I mean it constructively,

-Scott

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEN!

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report