Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Quality Walkthrough Tool

High Quality Walkthrough Tool

Recap should have a tool that enables you to create a high quality walkthrough of the point cloud that you can export in a video format.

10 Comments
freedom1k
Advocate
I would love this feature. I've used a Bentley product that does this very smoothly. Hopefully, when Recap implements this they will consider a curves-based camera, not a linear version similar to Naviswork's Animator or Saved VIewports.
richiee
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Attach your Recap into Navisworks Simulate 2015 or above and you already have this functionality there.

freedom1k
Advocate
Navisworks' camera features are a bit linear (abrupt pauses between transitions and linear A to B movement.) I'm hoping that future animation features to Recap would not follow that method, but one that is smooth, similar to what 3dsMax or PoinTools offer. We work with a lot of Scanned Projects, and with each animations are created. Now that we've transitioned away from Bentley to Autodesk, replicating that smooth animation workflow has not been as quick and easy. Quick as in One Software that imports native 3D Scan Data, analyse and quickly generate viewport Animations. Easy, as in camera and path-setup a walk-through wizzard with a few clicks.
jrfrost
Advocate

I've made a walkthrough of a point cloud using Revit, but it is very limited. For now I've imported the point cloud into FARO Scene, downloaded the Video plug-in app, and this seems to work pretty well. But still Recap is called a reality capture and 3D scanning software, it should have it's own video fly-through tools. The tools should be similar to Lumion. Lumion video fly-through tools are pretty simple and extremely powerful. It's essential that the tools have adjustable camera settings, such as focal length, angle, etc. In my opinion, if the fly-through tools they end up creating for Recap are as basic as Revit's are, they'll be pretty much useless. Right now, there isn't a software, besides FARO Scene (which isn't that great) that will allow you to create a decent fly-through of a point cloud. If you copy Lumion's tools, it will be incredible!

michael.riley
Alumni

Good news!  This feature has been included in our ReCap 2.2 release.  See more in the release notes, here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-general-discussion/recap-2-2-release-notes/m-p/5892916

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented
vidanom
Autodesk

Thank you again for your input!!!

jrfrost
Advocate

Thank you for implementing! I do have some additional input on this particular subject, is the best way to share it by posting another idea?

michael.riley
Alumni

Posting another idea is probably best.  It will help us to keep track of your ideas as ones that aren't yet implemented.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report