Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to LAS

Export to LAS

Include the option to export to LAS files, retaining lat/lon/elev data.

Currently trying to find a low-effort workflow for generating a Revit toposurface from ReCap Photo-to-3D data. I have a license for Globalmapper which has some very slick tools for filtering out points that don't represent ground, and then generating 3D contours from the resulting subset, but Globalmapper is happiest with georeferenced LAS files.

If ReCap could export LAS this workflow would be complete.

3 Comments
nicolasmenu
Advocate

Export to LAS from Recap Photo is an ABSOLUTE AND DEFINITIVE NEED, I can't agree more with this idea.
LAS being the most widely used point cloud format, a de-facto standard.

Also export to LAS should retain all changes made to the Recap Photo project (scaling and rotation if any should be taken into account when exporting to LAS. Georeferenced project should include correct coordinate in the export as well

sgrisez
Advocate

I have a client who wants LAS for use in ESRI products.  Currently looking for options.

nicolasmenu
Advocate

@sgrisez

From Recap Photo, export to PTS, open it in Recap Pro, export to .E57, using LASTools (free) convert the .E57 to LAS.

Using LAS tools you should also be able to convert the .PTS straight to .LAS but I have had some difficulties getting a nice LAS this way
(this create some bandings in the point clouds, probably dues to one of the LASTools parameter I used... not sure about that).

But going PTS>E57>LAS is fine (Recap Photo > Recap Pro > LASTools) 
Hope this helps,
Nicolas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report