Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export photo from Recap 360

Export photo from Recap 360

We should be able to extract the panoramic photo directly inside Recap instead of using a competitor software (ex. Faro Scene).

The reason is that sometimes we just need to visualise the photo taken from the scanner but we don't need or can't install the Recap software so we extract the photos and make them available in IE or Chrome browser.

11 Comments
ryan.frenz
Alumni

We will consider this, but keep in mind you could share the data using ReCap 360 and make it available to anyone with Chrome (and a free Autodesk account).  No install required.

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi @mario.laflamme,

Thank you for submitting your idea!
The new ReCap 360 Pro is out and we are happy to inform you that many of the submitted request here on IdeaStation have been implemented including yours.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

More about on the latest updates can be found here.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

vinicius.telles
Explorer

I'm not sure it was implemented, when I first saw this idea I was thinking on 360 photo export (which faro scene does), as of now I haven't seen this feature on the latest update, the feature implemented was an in-built print screen, which didn't help me, I still need faro scene to generate a 360 panoramic view

mario.laflamme
Contributor

@mario.laflamme wrote:

We should be able to extract the panoramic photo directly inside Recap instead of using a competitor software (ex. Faro Scene).

The reason is that sometimes we just need to visualise the photo taken from the scanner but we don't need or can't install the Recap software so we extract the photos and make them available in IE or Chrome browser.

This is not what has been implemented, in the current release you can extract just a flat snapshot of the photo, not the actual panoramic 360 photo which is what I want to be able to do dirrectly fron Recap.

vinitelles
Participant

@vidanom no updates on that? I was hoping you would implement the right feature by now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vidanom I just want to elaborate on what @mario.laflamme's original request was for, and the use-case for it that ReCap missed.

ReCap is great software for users who need to take source data from a scanner and hand that off to a client. However- in some use-cases the users will take advantage of the other features of ReCap just to simply access the scan data.

In Mario's use-case, he just wants to batch-export the Equirectangular panoramic photos (what Recap refers to as "Mirror Balls" in the Project view) from each scan location. This is a common request (there are already a ton of forum posts asking for this) and should be a low level-of-effort to implement. Also worth mentioning that the 'export panoramic photos' button would fit nicely into the existing UI on the project view.

I use a particularly annoying workaround. These stitched panoramas aren't stored in the project directory files, so far as I know. They are available through the ReCap Pro for Mobile app, by expanding each scan and sharing the image to iCloud (very time consuming for projects with many scans). In my case I also need the x,y,z coordinates of each scan location so I hunt down the photos.txt file in the project (I don't think Mario needed this but people in my situation will)

dpfaff
Participant

This post claims that this feature has been "Implemented". As far as I can tell, the only photo export functionality that I can find in re-cap is a screen grab. Am I missing something? Is there really no way to export panoramic photos?

KevinEliteCAD
Participant

Please update this! This would be an extremely helpful tool!

We heard you 🙂 

We have new feature Export RealView image where user can right click on Scan Location and select "Export Image" to export the panorama image as JPG or PNG. User can also select multiple scan locations (by using SHIFT and/or CTRL when clicking on scan location) to export multiple RealView images at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report