Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import Viewstates

Export and Import Viewstates

We have multiple groups working on the same project at the same time (on the same recap project files on individual PC's) and each are creating viewstates. But at the end to have a MASTER PROJECT file with all the view states, we are currently recreating the individual viewstates in to one file to have the master (we do that after importing all the annotations from the individual PC's). This process is taking a long time and to overcome we need to have the ability to export and import viewstates.

8 Comments
Alex.Johnson
Participant
This would help greatly with the speed of our projects. We use the view state to pass information to others. Our project can be so large that we have to have multiple people working on the project. Can we export it just like the annotations. This would allow quick transfer of the data.

I agree with the above points. We create so much information within Recap but are limited with how we can import/export that information.

ryan.frenz
Alumni

Have you tried the ReCap 360 web application?  A big feature here is the ability to synchronize annotations and view states from multiple users.  It is limited to the RealView features but can be quite useful for a lot of projects.

Ryan

Alex.Johnson
Participant
Ryan,

We have looked at that and when we looked at it. The Recap 360 web was having a tough time with multiple users. I will go back and take a look. The other problem we the storage space. Most of our projects are easy over 100GB without annotation but will take a look for the smaller projects.

Thanks

Alex Johnson

Marking Services Inc.
Technical Drafting Services
4451 Old Christoval Road
San Angelo, TX 76904

Office: (325) 651-9729
Cell: (325) 376-2153

www.markserv.com
vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

BC-JChandler
Enthusiast

Following up on this as we could really use the export feature for view states. Has any progress been made?

Thanks!

ryan.frenz
Alumni

Hi @BC-JChandler,

Would you care to elaborate on your need?  E.g. what software, what info about the view state, and for what workflow?

Thanks,

-Ryan

Alex.Johnson
Participant
Ryan,

I have forwarded your email over to the leads of a couple project and when I get their comments and insight I will get back with you.

Thank you for looking into this manner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report