Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Coordinate Space Manipulation

Data Coordinate Space Manipulation

ReCap successfully solved a problem  my client could not handle in Faro Scene, but now I have to pass it back to my client so they can they can use Scene for simple post processing, then export it back to me.  Embarrassingly lame.

My client could not register their own scan work, so I said I could do it in ReCap and I did.  ReCap made me look like a hero.  But now I need to run the data through contouring software, which means I need to grid the data and clip it to bounding polygons.  The fact that the data is not orthogonal to the coordinate space messes this all up.  The coordinate system is based on the first scan, so it is rotated.  You can change the origin and do a limited axis flip in ReCap, but that is fairly useless.

My client will use Scene to take my registered data back, rotate it so it is orthogonal to the WCS, then export the data back to me so I can carry on.

ReCap really needs to do this kind of thing.  ReCap really needs to do a lot of things as the program hass barley more features than when it first came out.  Registering and cleaning up data is about all it can do.  It could do so much more.   Please think about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report