Community
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Create new project from a Registered group

Create new project from a Registered group

I've just finished the registration of 2 buildings that are quite close to each other, but my surveyors didn't collect enough intermittent scans in between the buildings to accurately combine the 2 groups. It would be useful to just select a group and create a new project from that data to take straight through to indexing. Unfortunately I had to duplicate the project, disband a group in each project, then delete the scans 1 at a time in the import screens before I could index. I beleive this would provide a very fast workflow; if one person is registering they could easily keep feeding info to the Revit (or other) guys as various groups are registered.

Obviously the group would need removing from the previous project - or at least an option to do so.

3 Comments
boyd_johnson
Enthusiast

This would be very helpful.  I just posted a question on a similar topic, to see if it is possible to index an individual group...from your post, I'm gathering not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I've found at the minute. The ono way would be to remove the other scans from the project this would bring you to one of the other Recap Issues I have though with the tedious removing process.

There may be a way by copying the registration report, temp files and all support folders you have for thos particular scans into a new support folder. Import that folder into a new project. Manual Register (assuming it doesn't start it from scratch or skip if it does). This might or might not work but If I needed to I'd give it a go. Then Save as to a new location to get a new cleaned folder.

I'm using save as as standard now when my project is complete as it reduces the support folder size quite a lot by clearing out the rubbish it doesn't need. 

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā