Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Scans to Mesh or surface

Convert Scans to Mesh or surface

It would be great to add a PointCloud to Mesh feature to ReCaP, for isolated scanned objects. There is a competitor's tool that can do this, and the Autodesk's Civil 3D Convert Pointcloud to Surface tool is great for large Topo areas. Sure Momento may have promise in the future, but a Point Cloud or Laser Scan conversion tool belongs in ReCAP.

3 Comments
SolidPoint
Advocate

It would be useful, but I'm a little worried it may veer from the simplicity Recap offers, most of us use it alongside other software that has various points of conversion, I personally just use pointclouds for simple analysis in Revit and to build Existing Models. I would start to worry that if Recap was a one stop shop that it may push the price out of the affordability range and distract the developers from getting right what's most important (Good quality alignment and quick registration).

Recap is at the top of the game with Targetless Registration, I personally would prefer to see it stay that way rather than seeing it put efforts into tools that already exist elsewhere. Fair enough if the devs can get Recap to do a better job than software like Geomagic of converting points to mesh, then I will eat my words 😉

ryan.frenz
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

This was released as a beta service in March.

vidanom
Autodesk

Thank you for submitting your idea!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that the same has been implemented!

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of benefit to you!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report