Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup by Colour

Cleanup by Colour

I've just been cleaning up a scan for the past 30 mins or so and whilst the in-built cloud tool 'Cleanup' does an OK'ish job, it sill take a great deal of time and then removes points which should not be removed and leaves many which I need to remove. I the had to use the fence selection and removal tools repeatedly to get close to a fully cleaned model.

The points I want to remove are create by the laser bouncing off of glass and reflective surfaces. My thinking is that because all points created as a reflection are effectively white, would it no be possible to add a cleanup tool which looks for point of no colour? I believe that the only objects which would be this true white would be reflections as even white surfaces are going to have RGB values applied which are close but not fully RCG 255, 255, 255

These white reflection points are all around and inside the building.

Capture.PNG

This would save an huge amount of time.

1 Comment
migenis
Explorer

I am fortunate to use a rival program but would love to see all it's functionality and then some in an Autodesk product. 

The clean up by color tool is a great idea. I'd like to add to that a threshold slider so you could include the various hues. Also, in conjunction with my layers idea, instead of immediately deleting the points, it would be nice to see the "trash" points go on to a layer where you could do another once over before deciding that you really don't need the points the software selected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report