Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30M Limit? 20 Scan Limit? Why not just use the number of points?

30M Limit? 20 Scan Limit? Why not just use the number of points?

Hi,

I'm sad that Recap 360 pro's advertised cloud meshing feature is limited to 20 scans and 30M objects.  It's not helpful for those of us working with civil-scale projects.  I was interested in subscribing to 360 Pro, but now I am not. 😞  Why not limit the number of points instead? 

Best regards,

Donald Newlands

3 Comments
benno.toorn
Advocate
FYI. The scans need to contain panorama's (realviews) to create the mesh file. It basically flaps the photo over the points. So if you civil projects are captured by mobile mapping, the scan to mesh tool didn't work in the first place. You can create a mesh by aerial photogrammetry mapping with Recap 360 Pro. But if you used a laser scanner and included the panoramas, its best to cut it in pieces of 30m with the most closest scans and choose for a low number of polygons.
vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also running into this issue with an 18 scan warehouse interior that is 39x32X16 meters and it makes no sense to cut the point cloud into four pieces and then paste the results together when it is a mostly empty volume. I would understand a point number limit with size recommendation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report