Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the purpose of recap?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hashemian
651 Views, 1 Reply

What's the purpose of recap?

I have installed recap and played with it for 15 minutes. I was wondering what's the purpose of this software other than showing pointcloud data? Does it align pointclouds if I have multiple scans? Does it let me draw splines on point cloud and export? Does it export the plane that creates based on 3 points? Or is it just to show point clouds and allowing one to take measurements between points?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Recap is a point cloud visualizer and editor (that basically means you can delete points you don't need).

• You can align pointclouds: in order to get automatic point cloud registration you must subscribe for Recap pro version. You can have a full comparison between the products here: https://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/compare. I can't tell if it's possible to "manually" align scans without the Pro version.
  • You can't currently draw splines or other type of objects.
  • You can't create planes and export them.

With the Pro version you can mesh your pointcloud and obtain a 3D object made of textured surfaces.

It may seems somehow limited in it's capabilities and that's because it is considered as part of a workflow. Adding planes, or line, or else… it's usually a task you exploit in other specific software upon an imported pointcloud.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report