Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing recap 360 Realview projects online

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jared.white
688 Views, 11 Replies

Viewing recap 360 Realview projects online

Hello,

I have created a few online recap projects from scanning, in which we are testing to possibly replace Leica Truview global.  We are currently having an issue with sharing the project with our team.  We are all using google chrome, and I've made everyone an administrator.  For some reason, I am the only one that can log into the project and view the project (it was created and uploaded on my account).  Others in our team are able to see the notification when i send, but when they try to open the model, they see a spinning wheel.  We are testing this with our team before it goes out to the customer (which could be hundreds of users).  I've been able to load it on other computers at times, but more often than not, I cannot view the project.  I would be happy to share the project privately if that is necessary.  

Thanks!

J

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
recap360
in reply to: jared.white

Hi Jared,

To try to replicate the issues that you are experiencing with ReCap I Would like to ask you some related questions to understand a little bit more about the context that may be causing the problem.

- This is a new issue or it was happening since the beginning?
- Can you provide to us the same chrome version (or any other browser) that you are using?
- Do you have installed any AddOn in the browsers?
- Can you share your project to me to see if I´m experiencing the same issue from here? 

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Regards.-
Message 3 of 12
jared.white
in reply to: recap360

We are trying this for the first time.  Hoping to be able to deliver this to the customer in place of Leica TruView, but as of now, we are not comfortable with the issues we are seeing.

Is there a limit to the number of people who can view the project? 

Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

We have not installed any add-ons/ plugins for chrome.

I'm happy to share it with you, however I need your email, and even then i'm not sure it will share with you.  This morning I tried to share with a customer, and it allows me to add a user from the 'share project' as seen in the attached, but i don't believe it's being sent to the customer.  Its not showing that it is shared with all users on the page before 'open model'.  Also see attached. 

Message 4 of 12
recap360

Hi Jared,

We don't have a limit to the number of people to share with, so, you should be enabled to share to more than 6.

Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 should be fine, even if you don´t have any other plugin installed.

Ok, please do this: 

1.- Clean browser cache (just in case something is causing conflicts)

2.- Load the project and share it with recap360@autodesk.com and nicolas.gerolami@autodesk.com to see if we can get access to that project from here.

Many thanks in advance for your help reviewing this issue.

Kind regards!

Message 5 of 12
jared.white

I added your email, but i'm not sure if you have access.  Please let me know.  As you can see in the attachments, both provided emails were added, but both do not show up on the main page.  I noticed that there is some icon that shows up on the ones that do appear on the main page.  See attached. 

Message 6 of 12
recap360

Ok, I see the invite but as you said I cannot reach the project.

Let us see what´s happening with that particular one.

I'll keep you updated.

Regards.-

Message 7 of 12
recap360

I could reach your project using the second email.

Now 'm checking permissions from the other users to see what happens.

Regards.-

Message 8 of 12
recap360

Hi Jared,

As far as I see, the scan projecdt that you shared is not public, so, all your users should be logged in the app to see it. 

Are they logged in when trying to load the project?

Please, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Message 9 of 12
jared.white

Yes. If not, they are prompted to do so. 

What does it mean to share publicly?

Message 10 of 12
recap360

Publicly shared projects can be opened by any person who has the project link.

In this case, only the shared users should be enabled to.

Message 11 of 12
jared.white

Have you found any solutions to this issue? 

Message 12 of 12
vidanom

Hi @jared.white,

It seems like we can successfully see the projects when you shared them with us.

Is it possible to get access to one of the account that is seeing this behavior so we can investigate? 

You can create a temp pass in the meantime.

I can send you a private message if you want. 

Thank you,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report