Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Point Cloud with ReCap 360

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jzafiropoulos
535 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing Point Cloud with ReCap 360

Our office has a website for collaborating on projects (we complete thousands of projects a year with this website) and i want to add the ReCAP 360 Link to our system. when i copy the web link the page wont open as you need to be logged on to recap for the link to work. When i create a public post the links work. Can the web address be public access (meaning no sign in required) but not publically posted? 

And the entire interface changed yesterday, so i am totally lost. 

Also, there used to be a feature in the web version with the dynamic wheel, so the user could rotate the point cloud and make cuts through via web and that seems to be gone. 

Please help. I am extremely frustrated because we want to share the data with clients, but then nothing works, and when we finally get it to work there is an update without warning and nothing works again. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vidanom
in reply to: jzafiropoulos

Hi @jzafiropoulos,

Let me check with the team if the functionality you need is possible today, and if not, when it might be available.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 3 of 3
ian.volkwein
in reply to: vidanom

Hi there,

Yes, you can turn on public sharing with a toggle on the new sharing dialog. Then anybody who goes to that url can view the data.

Hope this helps!

Sidenote : There is currently a bug that show extra dialogs to publically shared users (viewing still works perfectly fine if the dialogs are dismissed). This is known, fixed and will released shortly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report