Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Using Control File

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
john.smith
385 Views, 4 Replies

Registration Using Control File

I am trying to register a database using a control file with the target co-ordinates. I managed to create groups for the different areas and they were all fine but as they do not overlap that is as far as i can get. I need all the data in one database and don't really want to have to create a different file for each area. Is there a way around this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.frenz
in reply to: john.smith

As you suspected, you will need to use separate projects for each logical group.  Once you have used the control coordinates to put them on your target datum, you can bring them together into a single RCP, for example as follows:

1. Create separate RCP projects for each logical area.  Fully register and index them.

2. Create a final RCP project.

3. Import/Attach the RCS files from each RCP in Step 1 (they live in the support folder).

4. Once import is complete, do a 'Save As' to build a single, consolidated project with all necessary scans.

HTH

-Ryan 

Message 3 of 5
john.smith
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Thanks Ryan, Its not ideal but will have to do for now, would be so much easier if there was an option just to use the targets.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.smith

FYI

I have a support ticket in with Autodesk right now on try to get two side by side Recap 360 projects to merge together using Recap pro with no luck.  12920744

One large project flown with a Phantom 4 Pro drone that ended up being larger that 250 photos.  So I processed one project with the first 250 photos and then another project with the remaining photos.  Using the GPS exrif data the two projects should line up side by side with some overlap.  Instead they come in over the top of each other.    Latest and greatest version of Recap pro 4

I do have ground GCPs but refuse to waste my time imputing the info into Recap 360, I have better things to do than waste 2 hrs plus doing so. Especially when using other software the process can be done in ten mins!    For this project the consumer grade GPS data coming from the Phantom is good enough.

Bill Neuhauser

Message 5 of 5
ashwini.murthy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bill,

I will find out about the status of your support case. We should move the discussion to a separate thread. This thread is specifically talking about registering laser scans using ReCap Pro desktop product. 

Ashwini

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report