Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap v2.0 export coordinate problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dedken
405 Views, 10 Replies

ReCap v2.0 export coordinate problem

I was working on a small project in the newly released ReCap. When finished I decided to unify and export as RCS at 5mm spacing. First of all it took 3 hours to export (the project is only 6.5GB), second when I opened as a new project it had totally random coordinates.

What is going on please?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bbittnerart
in reply to: dedken

Hi Ken,

I just saw this item you posted on a laserscanningforum.com thread and wanted to respond but have been waiting to get approved by the mods.  I'm glad you posted it here.

Could you provdie a little more info about the coordinate system that was returned?  What exactly do you mean by "random?"

Also, would it be possiblle for us to have a look at this data set to maybe get a better idea of what went wrong in the export process?

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 3 of 11
dedken
in reply to: bbittnerart

Brandon,

Thanks for the quick reply. How would you like me to give you the data set because it's obviously quite large?

When I say random I mean its coordinates have gone from roughly 530000,180000,30.000 to 4000,-8000,2.00. That's a pretty random grid shift in my book.

I have achieved my objective for the moment with this project by exporting as PTS (works fine and took about 5 mins), decimated in Cloud Compare and re-imported to a new project. I would still be useful to get to the bottom of it though as I can't be doing that with every job.

Cheers,

Ken

Message 4 of 11
bbittnerart

Interesting...  I'll forward your comments to the team to see if they've encountered anything like this recently.  I can't say I've seen the issue personally.  I will PM you for details on getting the data to us.

Thanks!

-Brandon

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I think there are fundamental bugs and errors in recap in processing Leica scans. My guess is that because Leica scan data are often thicker and contain a lot more points.

I'm also speculating Autodesk' lack of supprt on recap is coming from use of Faro scanner and they are unable to replicate same issue everyone in this forum is complaining.

I've come to this conclusion after testing out Bentleys Descartes v8i with same pts ptx ptg data. It got me even angrier because it was working flowlessly and the fact that I cant use Bentley softwares properly.

I am tired of paying Autodesk to beta test their products.
using recap is a lost cause.
Message 6 of 11
dedken
in reply to: bbittnerart

Just done an export of another project this morning (to RCP), and the same thing has happened. Didn't take 3 hours this time but again the new project has been shifted onto a different grid.

Message 7 of 11
dedken

Repeated export as RCS - same result.

Message 8 of 11
Gaston.ermstrang

got it too...took about 60 exports on end of day i saw this ####$$##@@$$%.

2015 worked great and 2016 what a bugs in c3d and recap.

this costs money autodesk!

Message 9 of 11

Hi Gaston,

The bug reported in this thread should be fixed as of the May or June update.  Please ensure you're using the latest version.

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 10 of 11

Ryan,

I checked it straight away and you are wright. i installed just 2016 and all updates where installed as de application manager advised.

I think it slipped but its solved now, sorry for my behavior it was inappropriate.

Kind regards

Message 11 of 11

Hi Gaston,

No worries, glad to hear it's working as you expect now.  It's sometimes confusing to know what version you have since we release (and hotfix) multiple times in each product year.  For example, we've now released 5 times since the first '2016' version.  You can check the top of this forum, or your Application Manager install, at any time to determine if there's an update you're missing.

Cheers,

Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report