Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap - deleted points reappear in Revit

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
chrisklinert7520
1705 Views, 17 Replies

Recap - deleted points reappear in Revit

I cleaned up a point cloud in recap...selected points and hit delete. I save the file and exit. When I bring that point cloud into Revit, the deleted points show backup. The update is installed.

I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning a point cloud only to have all of the points show back up in Revit. I open the Recap file...they're not there.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Hi Chris,

We are aware of this defect and will be soon posting a service pack for Revit where the Crop and Delete operations completed in ReCap will be fully maintained.

Terribly sory for encountering the defect and for the frustration that it causes. We will inform the forum when the SP1 will be live.

thanks for reporting and please continue to share any feedback

tanja

Message 3 of 18

What about all of a suden the imports from recap into revit come in as a blue tint? everything looks good in recap and set to rgb in Revit?

Message 4 of 18

The point cloud only turn to shades of cyan after i export to an rcs then import into revit....in recap they still look as they should...i tried turning the rcs back to rcp still lue in revit. trying to export as a pts now...

Message 5 of 18

Well that inports as screwy color as well.

When can we expect the fix?

Message 6 of 18

Have the same issue here, but even within Recap!!!

Cleaning up points, switching visibility from one scan to another. Making scan visible again or swith them into a region,

and there are the deleted points again... in Recap.

Hardly worth the effort in deleting the points...Smiley Frustrated

- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam -
(I shall either find a way or make one.)
Message 7 of 18

Has there been any progress made? i really need this program to work.

Message 8 of 18

Hi Chris

we made the fix, tested and it works. We have pushed it in the build that will come with the next update. It shouldnt be too long but we can unfortunately not precise the specific date. Sorry about that, we will post the announcement the moment the fix is out. thansk!

Message 9 of 18

This is good to hear.
I was having the same issue as the OP this morning.
Message 10 of 18

Hi,

I have the same problem , that the points which I have deleted in recap, will reappear in Navisworks. And in Navisworks the scans aren't registrated.

Hope you solve the problems soon

regards Ralf

Message 11 of 18

Have you tried exporting a new .RCS file of the cleaned scan?  I ran into a similar issue and noticed that when you do a regular "Save" in Recap, it's just saving the state of the project in the Recap Application.  When I brought the saved .RCP into another program, the entire dataset reappeared because it basically just looks at the background scan files and reloads everyting in the next application.

I was able to get around this by exporting a new .RCS file in Recap after doing the cleanup.  From there, attaching the new .RCS for the point cloud rather than the Recap .RCP seems to fix the problem.

It seems to work in all other programs I've tried it in so far (Civil 3D, Revit, InfraWorks & Navisworks).

Message 12 of 18

I'm working in Revit 2021 and this is still a problem....

Message 13 of 18

Hi tomlynham6453.

After deleting points in ReCap, can you perform Save As and choose "remove points" options?

image.png

Some technical information on the difference between remove points during Save and Save As:

- Removing points during Save, the points are not actually deleted, they are only marked as "deleted" in the rcs file. If you compare the size before and after save, the rcs file size are the same. The reason is because we want user to still be able to recover the deleted points. 

- Removing points during Save As, the points will be actually deleted. If you compare the size before and after save as, the rcs file size after save as should be smaller. The deleted points can't be recovered anymore from the saved as project (user needs to use the original project to recover deleted points).

Also refer to following help doc page for description (scroll down to Burn/Shrink section):

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RECAP/ENU/?guid=Reality_Capture_Edit_Point_Clouds_About_Clipping_and_...

Hope this helps.

Klarinda Gunadi Widjanarko
Senior Software Engineer
Message 14 of 18

Hello,

This is not going to be the kind of communication that is going to be
helpful in solving this problem.

As I explained in great detail to the person on the phone, this is THE
PROBLEM.  I do exactly what you described and it doesn't work.  This is
why I called.  Because doing a "Save As" to delete points does not
remove the points when reloaded in Revit.

So suggesting that doing the thing that is the problem as the solution
to said problem is not only unhelpful, it's a total waste of my time.

"When I pour water into this cup, it leaks out the bottom"

/Three days later.../

"Did you try pouring water into the cup?"

Message 15 of 18
yan.fu
in reply to: tomlynham6453

Hi @tomlynham6453 ,

We apologize for the negative experience you have had. 

Project optimization during saveAs is supposed to remove those deleted points completely from the point cloud file. 

Do you mind sharing with your project with our development team to reproduce the issue and check what might go wrong during the project optimization? 

Thank you!

Yan

Message 16 of 18
tomlynham6453
in reply to: yan.fu

I thought this was a reply to the phone session that I had with an Autodesk Rep last week.  Thank you for trying to assist - this problem is clearly not going to be solved by Autodesk on a platform like this forum.

And just FYI, sharing point cloud project data through a forum post is impossible because of Autodesk's own limitations:

tomlynham6453_0-1622667905026.png

Two scans linked together in an RCP file is easily 2 GB.  

Message 17 of 18
yan.fu
in reply to: chrisklinert7520

Hi @tomlynham6453 ,

I will send you oneDrive link so that you  can upload your files into the shared folder.

Thank you for your support.

Best,

Yan

Message 18 of 18

Hi Tomly,

You mentioned that "doing a "Save As" to delete points does not remove the points when reloaded in Revit."

Perhaps there are some hidden points that are not visible in ReCap but actually still exists:

- points hidden by limit box (please try to reset limit box)

- points hidden by region (check if there is any eyeballed off regions)

- hidden scan locations (check if there is any eyeballed off scans)

- clipped points (please unclip all)

Klarinda Gunadi Widjanarko
Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report