Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap crashes when trying to export to e57 format

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Guy_Cote
1088 Views, 9 Replies

Recap crashes when trying to export to e57 format

I'm using the latest version of Recap Pro and when I try to export a file in e57 format Recap crashes. I checked my graphic card, processor, etc., everything seems fine with my workstation. My operating system is Windows 7. With the previous version, exporting to e57 format worked just fine. Any idea of what could cause this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: Guy_Cote

Hi @Guy_Cote,

Not sure what it could be wrong. Did you submit a crash report?

There is a new release that just came out today, but I'm not  sure if that will solve this case. 

I'll let the team know if they can investigate.

Is there anything that you did differently with this project?

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 3 of 10
Guy_Cote
in reply to: vidanom

Hi, 

Yes I submitted a crash report few weeks ago. I didn’t change the way I use the export functionality.

Message 4 of 10
Guy_Cote

Recap crashed when trying to export in e57 file to an other directory than the one where was created the rcp project.

Message 5 of 10
ashwini.murthy

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I will try to find your CER and send it over for investigation. By any chance do you have the CER report ID or the email address that you used to submit the report? 

Couple of quick questions:

Did you do a "Complete" or "3D only" export? 

Do you have enough space on disk?

How big is the project you are trying to export?

Thanks,

Ashwini

Message 6 of 10
Guy_Cote
in reply to: ashwini.murthy

Hi,

Complete or 3D only gives the same result.

Yes, There is enough space on disk.

The project is small (few scans). I try to save one scan at the time in e57 format.

Recap gives a Runtime error??? See image in attachment.

Message 7 of 10
ashwini.murthy

Very strange. I did some tests and works fine for me. Would you be willing to share your Recap project with me for investigation ? If Yes, I can share a box folder with you.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Message 8 of 10
Guy_Cote
in reply to: ashwini.murthy

Hi,

It works fine when I work on an amovible disk connected on my computer. So, it doesn't seem that the problem is the project. The problem occurs when this same project is on the "Documents" directory....it is like Recap could not connect with this directory when exporting an e57 file while it works fine when exporting an pts file or any other file format????

Message 9 of 10
ron.hughes

I had the same issue with 4.0.  I use the export to .e57 to write out data that has been registered and I want to have the info stored for each scan.  I never had this issue till 4.0. I rolled back to the previous version and the same project exported with no issues.

Message 10 of 10
ashwini.murthy
in reply to: ron.hughes

Hi Ron,

I heard a similar issue recently. Thanks for reporting. We will try to reproduce this and find a solution.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report