Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems scanning a plexiglass sculpture

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Ajisfild
186 Views, 3 Replies

problems scanning a plexiglass sculpture

I was scanning several plexiglass sculptures and really am having problems with this one, the rest came out fine but this one is always a mess. I took 2 circles of 18 photos (one a bit higher) making sure backgrounds have plenty of overlapping, what else can I do to make it work?

problem.JPG

The actual thing:

_DSC7872c.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: Ajisfild

Wow, this is hard object to recreate.

Try this, take around 40 images from above, on around 45 degrees angle, and another circle from the middle of the object for another 40 images or so while keeping the full object on your picture frame the entire time..

More images higher the overlap, which should help the engine in recreating.

If it still doesn't work try by processing with just the images from above. With this you might not get some details from below the object, but it might work in getting you almost the whole structure of the object.

I hope it helps,

Mitko

Message 3 of 4
Ajisfild
in reply to: vidanom

What about this one? Also just more overall shots or maybe a circle around the horizontal axis would help with the disks?

_DSC8050c.jpgproblem2.JPG

Message 4 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: Ajisfild

Yes, definitely try with more images. You can go even a little bit closer, no need to capture that much of the surrounding. With that, more pixels from your object of interest will be used for the matching part.

Here is on good how-to article for more detailed info, but you seem to have everything you need for your case.

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report