Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Portions of Scan Map

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jrfrost
704 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Portions of Scan Map

My scan map is not displaying correctly, and it's making it very hard to navigate the project. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Wrong Scan Map.JPGRight Scan Map.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.frenz
in reply to: jrfrost

This is quite odd - do you see the same thing with all maps in the project?  What if you create a new one?

Ryan

Message 3 of 8
jrfrost
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Whatever scan I'm in, the map looks like this. 

It's only this project that I've hade this problem with.

Message 4 of 8
ryan.frenz

Inside this project, do you see the issue for all maps?  If you create a new one with the '+' button - does it have the same problem?

CreateMap.JPG

Message 5 of 8
vidanom

Did you made any changes with the project for this to happen?

Updating the origin might bring the locations back.

Mitko

Message 6 of 8
jrfrost
in reply to: vidanom

I just tried creating a new elevation slice, and this worked. But for some reason the full plan view isn't displaying correctly. Below is a video link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pgDR9VLaBfMzlkcFRtTEdBQWc

Message 7 of 8
ryan.frenz

You should be able to force ReCap to regenerate the default map by finding it in the Temporary Cache folder (look for .PNG files) and deleting it.  Close ReCap first - when you go back into RealView it will regenerate the image.

I will have the team try to reproduce this issue in-house.

Ryan

Message 8 of 8
EasternPiper
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Thanks for this solution, it didn't work directly for us, but led to getting our plan view back.  We had moved our scans using survey points as well as updated the origin, I am not sure at what point we lost the plan view, but it went completely black and we were not able to get a "+" symbol to add an elevation. After resetting the origin and deleting the .png files we were able to add an elevation range and get our plan view back. When we switch to "full plan view" it works intermittently as seen in screencast.

http://autode.sk/2p5ADl8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report