ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

ReCap Forum

Highlighted
Post 1 of 1

MGA 56 Survey system in Recap 360 Pro does not appear to be working correctly

19 Views, 0 Replies
04-20-2017 02:02 AM

I have the latest Recap 360 Pro (April 2017) and having issues with assigning survey points to the project. Faro FLS scans included 4 checkerboard targets around a pump station building walls. I have successfully imported, registered and indexed 32 scans with no issues. All functions in Racp appear to work OK including export to E57 etc. I have been given the survey data (E, N and Elev) by the surveyor in Australian MGA-56 zone format. I created a TAB delimited txt file as follows:

2   6938544.174   502873.622   67.427
1   6938550.383   502866.878   67.413
3   6938558.714   502868.886   67.748
4   6938554.351   502874.971   67.533

Units are in meters. The txt format as I understand it needs to be ID, N, E, Elev(Z)

I first go to settings and set Co-ordinate system to "MGA-56" and for viewing set x=E, y=N and z=z.

Then I go to Registration page, find my targets and set them as Survey Points. In dropdown I first choose "Upload Survey Points (.txt) - [Survey format N, E, Elev]" and go find my file and pick it. Then back in dropdown I find the 4 ID numbers and choose the correct one for the checkerboard (1 is my first marker). Repeat this for markers 2 and 4. Marker 3 checkerboard does not get recognised because the Faro scanner photo on that marker was blown out by bright light. All done, I go back to the Project. It does some calcs and then bingo, the whole cloud turns upside down!! OK, bizaar, but if I go to the survey markers in 3D view and point at the centre of a previously selected survey marker, it is NOT correct. Maybe out by 1 meter or so on N or E. When I export upside down cloud to E57 and open in CloudCompare it starts upside down. Even there the co-ordinates are way off being accurate.

Why does the cloud invert? Why are the locations of survey markers so inaccurate?

I need some help please because my customer is relying on me setting the cloud to an accurate survey. I have spent a huge amount of time trying to figure this one. A challenge!!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post