Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing online with new RECAP 360 PRO

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gsismanACAD
389 Views, 4 Replies

Meshing online with new RECAP 360 PRO

"RECAP 360 cloud computing"
Haven't really seen a seamless use of the online meshing yet in our use.
Seems like adding yet another Autodesk product "Remake" is needed to realize the full value.
Going directly from RECAP to Civil for ALL modelng aspects would be ideal, but I haven't seen a way to deal with the RCM mesh format in C3D
Civil 2017 is so "bloated" with potential dynamic links to other modules that it takes forever to register to the database (particularly when using XREFS) that using it can seem like running 90's era computers, compared to Civil 2012.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.frenz
in reply to: gsismanACAD

Hello @gsismanACAD,

I assume you're using UAV photos and ReCap's photo-to-3D service?  If so, no need for RCM in C3D, as it has great support for the RCS point cloud itself.  You can select RCS as the output of the service, so no need for ReMake in the normal case (although it's quite useful for editing/cleanup).

-Ryan

Message 3 of 5
gsismanACAD
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Ryan,

I was using the online meshing within a RECAP scan cloud project. Isolating a scan section and running it through the cloud service meshing.

I had a Light pole with a cobra-head and it sent me back an *.RCM file

Message 4 of 5
ryan.frenz
in reply to: gsismanACAD

OK - so you're starting with a point cloud (RCP) project.  So why do you need a mesh for C3D?  You can use the point cloud directly in there by attaching (PCATTACH) the RCP file.

If you're looking for better performance or visuals, you probably won't get that with a mesh - the Reality meshes are quite details and don't really render faster than point clouds (although the experience is still very nice).

I would suggest instead to just export your clipped area to a unified RCP file and attach that to C3D for your work.

HTH

-Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report