Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Ruining Blue Circle of Death

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sam.Smith8LMRV
457 Views, 1 Reply

Life Ruining Blue Circle of Death

Hi there, hopefully someone can help.

I'm having issues reopening existing Recap Files, I can index the files fine, generally non-unified .ptx files from cyclone.  The files will load, index and allow me to view no problem, however if I exit the ReCap program and re-open it, any attempt to open my previous project, even the ones fully functional moments before, give me a Windows Blue Wheel of Death.  Forcing me to close the application.  Recap, and my Graphics drivers are both current.

I've tried making a few changes to the program settings in my NVidia control panel, mainly around OpenGL and Memory Utilisation, based on others experiences in other forum posts.  However, still no luck.  

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sam

A few Key Bits:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB

System Model HP Z640 Workstation
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1603 v4 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard M60 v02.31, 14/12/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.8

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 55.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 128 GB
Available Virtual Memory 117 GB

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.frenz
in reply to: Sam.Smith8LMRV

Hi Sam,

Do you mean ReCap won't open (like the cursor is a spinning wheel when you double-click ReCap or a project)?  Or once ReCap opens, you can't open a project?  Can you post a screenshot?

Does ReCap.exe appear in the Task Manager?  If you kill the process and restart, does it work then?

Sorry for all the questions - hopefully one of their answers can help.

-Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report