Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way save & export changes to color modes?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
philip-ecs
700 Views, 3 Replies

Is there any way save & export changes to color modes?

The color modes tool in Recap is excellent, but it does not appear to save the changes. I was working on deformation mapping of floors where I color lower parts in the floor differently than higher points to show the deviation. I can get it to look great in Recap, but the only export option I have is Print Screen! When I save the project, none of the settings to the color modes and applied gradients are changed. As soon as I restart, I have to recrate it from scratch. Is there a certain file format that will actually save the changes and better yet, save the colors so that it shows up in Revit with the same gradient scale as in Recap?

Maybe I am dreaming beyond what is possible, but I would appreciate any feedback on your experience.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: philip-ecs

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

For now all this different visual modes are not being stored, are not changing the actual RGB values of the points.

They serve only for  visual representation.

For now you have to rely on the visual capabilities of the software where you’ll bring your files.

I know that Revit doesn’t offer this option for point clouds and that there are some visual modes in Inventor 2014, but still they don’t change the color info written in the data and you can’t get some nice visualization as in ReCap, because they are not meant for point clouds.

We’ll definitely consider this feature and hopefully will implement it in some future update.

Thank you,

Miki

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4

Hi Philippe, 

we have heard the desire to save and export the color modes and we are working on providing that capability in one of the next updates of ReCap. Many thanks for your suggestion, feedback like this helps us prioritize next developements, so please share any fruther comments and feedback with us! 

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the feedback. Any idea when another release would be coming? I know that there can be no exact date mentioned, just currious if we are talking about weeks, months, half a year or more. Thanks!

Philip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report