Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
717 Views, 12 Replies

Initialization

Hi, i apologize if there are repeated posts for this topic but i've been trying to download recap 360 pro student version for quite a few times, even running on admin. However, it always stops at the initialization phase, where it will initialize for hours to no avail. May i request assistance from anyone who can help me with this issue?

Thank you!

Benedict

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Could you check if you have turned off the fire wall and any anti-virus program during the installation?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 13
doctorupdonk
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi, i have the same problem. I want to install ReCap360 student trial. I have disabled all firewalls and anti virus (bitdefender), updated graphic card driver. Tried with Microsoft Fix-it to see if there was anything. I managed to install an older version of Recap 360 using some manual install feature, called app managment, on your website. But I would like to try the Pro version.  The exact same happens when trying to install Netfabb 2018. Get stuck in installation during "initializing"....What should i do?

best regards

Message 4 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Try the following steps, there shouldn't be a problem with the download you can try a different method of download & some better preparation steps to help resolve this & get Recap Pro installed. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the application & use the MSfixitTool to complete it
  2. Reboot the computer & log in as a Windows Administrator 
  3. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  4. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  5. Connect to a better network with better internet access or directly connect to the internet 
  6. Review the Steps for Setting-Up Student Software to download 

Keep us posted on the progress. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to resolve this. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 13
doctorupdonk
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi, thanks for your concern. I Will try your suggestions next week, and let you know.
Best regards

Message 7 of 13
doctorupdonk
in reply to: doctorupdonk

Hi again..

The problem persists. Followed all the steps. Still stuck at initializing 😞

I even uninstalled Bitdefender completely (with reboot)..

Its not an option to get recap pr through autodesk virtual agent? That seemed to work for Recap 2015 (i uninstalled that also before trying)

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @

Please try the steps above & then use this Recap Download Link  to download & install. The Recap activation process is different in that it recognizes your Autodesk credentials & determines what you have access to ReCap, ReCap Pro & ReCap Photo. 

Just in case you do not have an Educational Community account, please review this >post < on how to, it will provide you with the information you'll need to activate educational software. 

Message 9 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @doctorupdonk

Please let us know if you have any more questions. Let us know if you need any more help installing ReCap, I have created a post that may help you out:Installing ReCap & ReCap Pro with ReCap Photo

Keep us posted. 🙂 

Message 10 of 13
doctorupdonk

Hi Natascha,

great now it worked 🙂

Is there a similar download link for netfabb?

best regards.

Message 11 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @doctorupdonk,

You can grab the download from your Educational Community account & select it from the drop-down it will take you to a page where the activation information will disply for you to activate. 

All Products

Keep us posted on the progress. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
doctorupdonk

Thanks, but i mean the same kind of download link / install file as the recap you provided.
Since the same install problem occurs when installing Netfabb. Get’s stuck on “initialising”..

best Regards,

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @doctorupdonk

I see there is a problem with the Netfabb Standard 2018 in the Edu community site it is not the proper download option, Browser Download link in the drop-down, sorry about that. I will reach out to have them fix this, but I have provided it below: 

Netfabb 2018 Windows 64bit

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NET18SWDLD/2018/NETFS/2102111E-465A-4595-9743-1A0C7067F4C7/SFX/Auto...

Thank you for continuing to post to the community. Smiley Happy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report