Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing e57 problem

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jared.white
1129 Views, 13 Replies

Indexing e57 problem

I have a 16GB e57 file that i am trying to index in the latest version of recap (recap360_30052).  We have older versions of recap that work correctly, and don't have any issues with the same file, but they don't have mirror balls either, which forces us to still create Leica TruViews for customers.  the e57 was generated from cyclone.  In the images below you can see that one of the locations is missing a lot of data.  I've also attached the image of the realview from that scan.  I can't explain what it is doing.  Its putting the ground data in the form of trees... I have no explanation.... realview issue.JPG

view of recap 360 dropping data.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hello,

Strange. Would you mind sharing one or two scans to help us recreate the issue? I will send you a PM with details to a shared box folder.

The latest version of Recap as of today is 3.0.1.5. I strongly suggest updating.

Thanks,
Ashwini

Message 3 of 14

i downloaded the latest version from your website this morning...  Is this the right page?  It does not match the version you mentioned.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap-360/free-trial

Message 4 of 14

The one you downloaded is 3.0.0.52, and that is the same as what you already have.

The latest version 3.0.1.5 is an update and is available here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/downloads/caas/downloads/content/important-update-for-a...

Other way to find if an update is available is to look for a "Update available" notification when you open Recap.

-Ashwini

Message 5 of 14

After updating, it is still giving me the same issues..  I'm compressing an e57 file no share with you now.  

view of recap 360 dropping data2.JPG

Message 6 of 14

Sorry, it didn't work out 😞 and thanks for sharing the file. I will try to recreate on our end and send it over to the engineering team.

Thanks,
Ashwini

Message 7 of 14

I tried uploading the file, but it must have stopped at some point.  Instead I've uploaded a different e57 file of a different job.  The same issue is presnet for all e57 files that we try to index.  

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for sharing a sample. I was able to recreate the issue.

But, I have good news! We have already identified and fixed this problem as part of the next hotfix (which will be out very soon!) 

Look out for an update when the hotfix becomes available.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Message 9 of 14

Great! Do you have a projected release date? 

Message 10 of 14

Sorry, I do not have that information.

Ashwini
Message 11 of 14

It released today!

Here are the release notes and update instructions - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-360-general-discussion/autodesk-recap-360-autodesk-recap-360-pro...

Thanks!
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for sending the update! It did correct the data dropping off, but now the realviews will not work at all, and gives the attached message.

Message 13 of 14
jared.white
in reply to: jared.white

After restarting the program, everything works great!  Thanks for you help and quick responce! 

Message 14 of 14

Excellent!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report