Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
josh
526 Views, 3 Replies

Getting Started.

Hi All,

i am a "long time" (7/8 years) user of autodesk products and have just purchased my own design suite. i was very pleased to find this program Recap included, but i am struggling to get my head around how to use it. I have never used point clouds before and would really like to learn, but i am finding it very hard to find any good information on how to work with them.

in particular i am interested in learning how to create solids out of the point clouds we get. however i am contracted to a mine and they have a heap of point clouds, but they are all HUGE and of things like the open cut pit and very complex buildings etc. to add to the dificulty, most of them are really quite rough in so far as when zoomed out, you can see what they are of to quite a bit of detail, but as soon as you zoom in to try and select any points you loos all the detail. so i am thinking this might be a bit hard to learn the basics on.

so i am guessing my question is two stage;

1) is there anywhere to find good tutorials on how to use recap? (a quick look on here shows the best bet so far is an e-book on amazon)

2) is there anywhere that explains the work flows with point clouds? or what the main purpose of them is?

also i have seen the video on youtube of the "recap work flow" and it shows the addition of photos to the point cloud to give a 3d photo. is that done in recap? or is that a different program again? if it is a different one is that included in the premium design suite?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product design suite ultimate
Complete 3D Concepts
 photo Autodesk_Inventor_2015_Certified_Professional_Badge_zpsf8iygufo.gif
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: josh

Hi Josh,

We have just uploaded some videos about ReCap Products, with useful tutorials and various use cases.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6ApchKwjN9Xv_kLN5zVS_VRvsxfu5US

Very soon we'll upload more and I'll update you as soon as we do so.

Thank you,

Miki

Message 3 of 4
josh
in reply to: vidanom

Thanks very much for that. i will check them out.

Just out of interest, is there a place we can download these for viewing off line? bandwidth isn't cheap while on the mine site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product design suite ultimate
Complete 3D Concepts
 photo Autodesk_Inventor_2015_Certified_Professional_Badge_zpsf8iygufo.gif
Message 4 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: josh

Hi Josh,

I'll let you know,

Miki

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report