Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finsihed Recap scale is incorrect

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RJK42
487 Views, 5 Replies

Finsihed Recap scale is incorrect

I have found this to happen in 2022 Recap and now in 2023.  Why is the scale off in recap after I have registered and indexed my data?  This is a 32" door but its measuring 9 1/2"

This has caused me 16 hours of work that I'm not getting back - I need answers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RJK42
in reply to: RJK42

All - I uninstalled Recap Pro 2023 and re-installed 2021 and not having this issue.

I had issues with 2022 as well and had to resort back to 2021.  I have lost a tremendous amount of time using the newer recap.

I am requestion Autodesk Respond to my support ticket but if someone can tell me what is going on in the meantime and if there is a way to correct the rcp that I have already created - that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
irileyRPBSE

I'm having this exact same issue; my mesh is off by a factor of ~3.2. It appears to be reporting feet as meters.

Message 4 of 6
RJK42
in reply to: irileyRPBSE

YEP its complete BS and a waste of time.

I have countless hours in this software and Autodesk doesn't care.  They offered me a few cloud credits to compensate over 80 hours of work wasted.

There are more options coming out and cannot wait to try a new competitor. This needs to end  

Message 5 of 6
barmanr

Hi @RJK42 ,

Sorry, you're facing this issue but perhaps I may try to figure out what's happening. Since you mentioned it is showing as 9 1/2 inches as opposed to 32 inches, a direct conversion from meter to feet between the two is exactly that. ReCap always is in meters internally no matter what is displayed in the canvas as coordinates. The display coordinates are just a conversion only. So looks like post-registration the data itself is in meters at 0.2413 meters for your door as opposed to 0.791666667 meters which is 31.16 inches. 0.2413 meters is also 0.791666667 feet.

So I feel this, either the unit during registration itself was defined as feet when it should have been in meters as 31.16 inches would be considered to be 0.791 meters and not 0.791 feet. 0.791 feet corresponds to 9.5 inches. 

Is there any possibility for you to share the dataset? I'll get the team to directly look at this. If Yes, I'll PM you a private one drive link for uploading.

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 6 of 6
chad6PDLW

I'm having this same scale issue.  Have always used Recap Pro 2023 but the issue just began about a week ago.  Was a solution ever found other than downloading the 2021 version?  -Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report