Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Web Viewer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gregamhale
436 Views, 1 Reply

Feature Request - Web Viewer

A current roadblock I see to the full adoption of ReCap is the ability to view the registered scan without installing software.  The vast majority of my clients prefer to be able to review the data via a web browser such as Leica TrueView or FARO Webshare.  The data is just too big to host on their company project network, but they're more than willing to host on a web server.  Only about 15% of the project team use the point cloud data for CAD.

I would like to run registration earlier in the Autodesk line, but I'm still required to deliver something easliy viewable to the client.  Therefore, I'm still stuck registering in the scanner's proprietary software.  I don't think it would be a huge development leap to add in a web server version of ReCap.  It would be a way to get the attention of the other 85% of the customer base.

Greg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
heidi8EZVR
in reply to: gregamhale

I realize this is an older post, but has this been addressed?  I'm struggling with the same issue - how do I share my project with the client without them having to purchase the software just to view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report