Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on the thumbmail

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mastercraft760
291 Views, 9 Replies

Error message on the thumbmail

Hello, I just post on this forum because I have a big problem with Recap Photo, indeed I want to scan an object in 3D, I took several photo of the object from several angles and creates a project on the software, but he systematically displays an error without telling me what it is

Can you help me please ?
I have a license education and my software is up to date

I can send my cloud folder if needed to check my photos, if you can give me some advice for it to work I'll be delighted

Thank you very much !
Baptiste
Captureghg.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi Baptiste,

I am sorry that ReCap Photo did not work for you but the cause of failure may be due to many reasons. I would suggest that you resubmit the photos and do the photo reconstruction once again. If it still fails, you may share your data with us and we can take a look into what could be the issue. How does that sound?

Thanks,

Jing

Jing H
Priciple Engineer
Message 3 of 10

Hello, I have already sent the photos to rebuild a construction, I want to share the folder with the photos so that you can help me, how should I proceed?

Thank you
Baptiste
Message 4 of 10

You may sign into you A360 account (https://360.autodesk.com), find your folder of photos that you want to share, click on the share button and enter my email address: jing.huang@autodesk.com. Don't forget to set the privilege to 'read and download' and then click the invite button. 

Thanks,
Jing

Jing H
Priciple Engineer
Message 5 of 10

OK, I send a invite to this adress jing.huang@autodesk.com with the good privilege
Thank you very much for you helping

Baptiste
Message 6 of 10

Sure. I will help you look into it tomorrow. Thanks.

Jing H
Priciple Engineer
Message 7 of 10

ok, thank you very much
I waiting your anwser 

Baptiste

Message 8 of 10

As I expected, I successfully reconstructed your model without any error. However, the result was terrible. After inspecting your photos, I found quite some of them blurred. Some of the photos have different light conditions, which also affects the final result. I removed some photos that I thought were bad and resubmitted them for reconstruction, but the result was still very bad. This may also be due to that the object is a bit smooth and shiny. I suggest you change an object with a rough surface and try again. You may also check this post to learn how to take good photos for reconstruction to be successful: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/learn-explore/caas/video/youtube/watch-v-D7Torjkfec4.ht....

If you want, you may let me know your A360 account so that I can share with you the reconstruction result that I did, but I am sure you won't like it at all.

Thanks,
Jing

Jing H
Priciple Engineer
Message 9 of 10
arq_dvb
in reply to: luckybirdie

Hello, I have the same problem, but with an aerial model. It gets up to 7% of processing and then after a while it just desplays the same error message with nothing more to do, nor the reason why this is happening.

Message 10 of 10
luckybirdie
in reply to: arq_dvb

Hopefully this issue will go away if you try it again. You may resubmit your photos for reconstruction. Let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Jing

Jing H
Priciple Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report