Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading scan files from ReCap 360 provides .rcc and .rch files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mshoffman
2422 Views, 5 Replies

Downloading scan files from ReCap 360 provides .rcc and .rch files

I've uploaded my ReCap scan projects to ReCap 360 and shared them with others.  They can view the Realview just fine.  When downloading the files from A360 Drive, they receive .rcc and .rch files.  Is there a way to view these .rcc and .rch files or convert them back into .rcs files so they can read these files locally and load them into other programs such as Revit or AutoCAD?  Otherwise, the download function seems useless.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
richiee
in reply to: mshoffman

Simply put, you as a user should never see the .rcc and .rch files as they are only useful for Real View. I'll pass this along to the web team because it should not be offering a download option at all.

Sharing an entire project like this through ReCap 360 with the ability to download all of the files to another machine is not something that we currently support.

Message 3 of 6
mshoffman
in reply to: richiee

It should however allow you to download the rcp and rcs files, otherwise you cannot link it into Revit.  maybe i am missing something with regards to workflow.

Message 4 of 6
gregamhale

I've gone through the same workflow and found it odd that the download is offered, but the files are useless.  The ability to download the files would be great, but I inderstand that the files would be substantially larger if all of the files were posted online.  

Message 5 of 6
richiee

You are right that those would be required for import, but due to the sizes of the files in question, we do not upload the full RCS file when publishing Real Views. If you wish to share the entire project, you would need to copy the RCS files to your A360 drive (if you have enough space available to do so).

Message 6 of 6
BIM_Atwill-morin
in reply to: richiee

it's not cool that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report