ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

ReCap Forum

Post 1 of 2
Accepted Solution

Does Photo to 3D support a mix of nadir and non-nadir source images?

42 Views, 1 Replies
04-13-2017 09:15 PM

Before I spend 5 Autobucks on a test... Does Photo to 3D support a mix of nadir and non-nadir source images? I'd like to combine photos from a nadir mapping flight with angled photos from one or more POI flights to improve the detail and accuracy of specific buildings on the site. Ideally I'd like to get both a georeferenced ortho tiff and an rcs point cloud for use in Revit.

If this is supported, what are the best settings? Should nadir optimization be on or off? Any other recommendations?

Hello,

The nadir optimization should be on only when ALL photos are nadir ones. If you process a mix of nadir and obliques (which is possible), the nadir optimization should be set to off.

Regards.

Dominique Pouliquen, Autodesk, Reality Solutions.

Post 2 of 2

Re: Does Photo to 3D support a mix of nadir and non-nadir source images?

04-14-2017 09:29 AM in reply to: baumbach

Hello,

The nadir optimization should be on only when ALL photos are nadir ones. If you process a mix of nadir and obliques (which is possible), the nadir optimization should be set to off.

Regards.

Dominique Pouliquen, Autodesk, Reality Solutions.

Marketing & Market Dev. Director
Reality Solutions Group, IPG, Autodesk
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post