Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup and Mesh options grayed out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Tim.Barnes
855 Views, 6 Replies

Cleanup and Mesh options grayed out

Hello,

I have been anxious to try the cleanup and mesh cloud based services. My company finally updated the software so the options now show up, but unfortunately they are grayed out. I've tried using several types of scans, point clouds with a fewer amount of scans, clip to select a smaller object than 30m, etc. But still the options never become available. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
michael.riley
in reply to: Tim.Barnes

Tim,

The cleanup and scan-to-mesh data services are only available on structured data (fls, zfs, ptx, ptg, some e57).  What types of scan files are you importing?

Thanks,

Michael

Message 3 of 7

I am confused (and frustrated) by the idea that only specific imported formats can use the cleanup and meshing tools.  Point clouds are point clouds...  XYZ coordinates and and maybe some RGB info.  Wouldn't the data all be the same after it is imported and indexed in Recap 360?

I am currently trying to evaluate Recap 360 as a way to import, align, clean up, and mesh data from a Faro Freestyle...  the test file I have now is an .xyz format.  Recap had no problem importing the data, but like the initial post in this thread I am unable to use the Cleanup or Mesh services.  I even tried exporting my data to an e57 and then re-imported that into a new project, but still no go in those 2 services?  What gives?

I don't know the full list of formats the Faro Freestyle can export to, but if I am stuck using xyz files it appears Recap 360 may be of no use to me...  is this an accurate assessment or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 7
humberb
in reply to: tony.morrill

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your feedback! We're always looking to extend ReCap 360's features for a broader set of data formats.

As Michael mentioned above, in the current version of ReCap, the Cleanup and Mesh services are only available for structured data formats. Structured data is produced by spherical laser scanners like the FARO Focus, while handheld scanners like the FARO Freestyle will only generate unstructured data. You can convert structured data to unstructured, but usually not the other way around. Also, note that data exported to the E57 format will only be structured if the original data (from your scanner) was already structured.

ReCap 360 can import & view both types, but only structured data includes extra information used by thes Cleanup & Mesh services.

If you're interested in seeing unstructured data Cleanup & Mesh in a future version of ReCap, we definitely recommend sharing your idea with us on the ReCap IDEAS page.

Thanks again!

-Ben

Message 5 of 7
tony.morrill
in reply to: humberb

I have submitted my request to the ReCap Ideas page!

Thanks for the reply Ben!

T-

Message 6 of 7
maalox04
in reply to: tony.morrill

I have also spent the extra money for the Pro Version, thinking the Cleanup tool would be available...and it is not.   I have imported an E57 file from Realworks.  

What exactly am I getting for the Pro Version versus the Free Version if Cleanup and Mesh aren't available for my E57's?  I'm already Registering in Realworks, and use Recap as a conversion to all other Autodesk products.

Message 7 of 7
yan.fu
in reply to: maalox04

As mentioned above, cleanup and mesh options are only available for structured scans.

When you export .e57 from Realworks, please ensure the structure information is exported into .e57.

If structure information is already exported in .e57, would you mind to share with us a sample of data so that we can investigate on the issue?

Thank you!

Thanks,

Yan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report