Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown system exception error when creating Idle Areas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3377 Views, 3 Replies

Unknown system exception error when creating Idle Areas

Any time I choose to create an idle area, the max script window opens with the MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception that says "--Unknown system exception" with "PBStartTrack CrowdAreaDrawing 1" highlighted in the script window.

Choosing OK allows me to close the error message, and I can close the maxscript window. My viewports then become frozen, and no longer refresh. I have to close and restart max to get my viewports back. The program itself still responds though, but the viewports will not refresh.

Not sure what is wrong here. Would anyone have any advice to offer?

This is with 3ds Max 2012x64. System specs in sig.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rustylamante
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey spork,

im having a very similar problem when trying to run a script.. the exact same thing happens with the frozen viewports and the maxscript window opening.

if i find how to fix it i'll post it
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This just started happening for me as well. Everything was working fine about a month or two ago, and now when I could really use it (of course), it's decided to vaporize. The only changes I've made to my current system are to update the FBX plugin. Anybody figure out the issue yet?

Max Design 2012 x64
Lenovo W520
8 GB RAM
Quadro 1000M
Win 7 x64
Message 4 of 4
davidrbeach

Switching my video display to nitrous (it was set to open gl because nitrous acts FREAKY on my 1000M) fixed this for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums