Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Autocad 2008 to another computer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2717 Views, 5 Replies

Moving Autocad 2008 to another computer

Hello,

I need move the Autocad 2008 software from my old computer to my new one. Can someone tell me how do it please

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

install your AutoCAD with the same serial number on the new system.

Use the license manager transfer utility to transfer the license (to be found in the Windows start menu).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I am not savvy on computers. Can you tell me what are the steps I have to follow please

Brenda Rivera
IT VSA Operations
Region Americas
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
Smyrna TN -United States
Phone: (615)355-2062
Mobile: (615)415-0901
E-mail: brenda.rivera@2wglobal.com
Internet: www.2wglobal.com
[cid:image001.png@01D03A1D.16DA1D00]

"This message is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you are requested to notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. While the sender has taken reasonable precautions to minimize the risk of viruses, we cannot warrant the absence of, or accept liability for, any such viruses in this message or any attachment."
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you start the license tranfer utility you have a help included, there the steps are listed in detail (I would have to write the same here again what already exists).

Just as a well-intentioned advice: the license transfer as well as the installation of AutoCAD needs some knowledge about operating system, permissions, antivirus, updates and so by any chance: get somebody known to that things, let him/her do that stuff and you might save day's of getting AutoCAD repaired.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6

Once you move the license using the method outlined will you have to re-activate the program on the new computer? AutoCAD no longer supports or gives out activation codes for this software. 

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw

Where were you six years ago?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report