Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence official support previous versions of revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nwbos
751 Views, 5 Replies

Licence official support previous versions of revit

Autodesk,

On your website Previous version rights stated the following:

Previous version rights terminate when the applicable maintenance plan or subscription terminates or expires for any reason. Upon expiration of a maintenance plan, you can only use the last activated version of the software and uninstall any other version.  After a subscription expires, all previously licensed, installed and accessed versions are no longer eligible for use and must be uninstalled.

I'm still working on a project in Revit 2018, my subscription will be renewed on the 1st January 2022. By reading the above statement i assume Revit 2018 is no longer supported after this date. Is this the right assumption? From multiple stakeholders and software suppliers in this specific project I get different statements.

I hope someone from autodesk can clarify this for me.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: nwbos

This is a user help forum. Autodesk employees do not always read these.

With Revit you get the last five versions, just upped from three. This might be dependant on your particular subscription. Check the terms for your subscription. That will be the best thing to do.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 6
nwbos
in reply to: RobDraw

why there only 3 versions mentioned in https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/previous-versions/...

Can't find the 5 version in any terms
Message 4 of 6
RobDraw

Sorry, can't tell you anymore. You're gonna have to find it or wait until someone else comes along.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 6
nwbos

I just contacted Autodesk they stated the following:

If you owe a subscription, you can use the 6 latest versions (currently from 2017 to 2022 Once the new version will be release (generally around march each year) it will be from 2018 to 2022.

So version 2018 end of support will be once the 2024 version will be released, so around march 2023.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm

With a plain Revit 2022 subscription license, your 2018 is illegally, NORMALLY - because regular you have just 3 previuous.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/previous-versions/...

But because of Corono, Adesk expanded this up to 5 versions, but i dont know how long..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/previous-versions/...

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report